43

In the dark of night a figure approached and strangled the little girl as she tried to scream but her voice somehow was barely a gasp. She wanted to scream but her throat was dry as the man further choked her. As her eyes got adjusted to the darkness she recognised his silhouette. 

"Dad?" She croaked out in a betrayed voice as the man loosened his grip on her neck making her drop on the hard wood. Her eyes flew open on the impact and she realised she was in Luce's room as he stood in front of her with worried eyes. His eyes were red as he tried to reach out to her but Yanner shook him off.

"Please Yanner...", He begged her  to let him help her, his blue eyes turning pearly as his platinum hair fell below his chin disorganised as well his beard which made him look more worn out than she ever saw him. He was the man she fell for, but his presence only made her nervous instead of calm. She felt angry when she saw his beautiful face, how could he call her father a murderer. And why was she willing to believe him?

"As long as you were here, I thought no one could hurt me", Yanner said bitterly as she stood up bravely and walked towards him.

"I don't deserve you, if I knew this before I would never-", He was cut off by Yanner who yanked him towards her and fisted the buttons of his shirts as if warning him with her deadly siren eyes.

"You would do it again, don't lie", She read his thoughts and placed her lips on his, entering her tongue inside his mouth. Her hands clutched his shirt as she tried to tear it apart as Luce felt a change in her demeanor.

He wanted to ask but was shushed by Yanner who swallowed his words. She bit his tongue as if punishing him for lying to her but immediately sucked on it as she caressed every part of his mouth. Her hands were also fiddling with his shirt ripping apart the buttons and slowly travelling down his neck to kiss the neck. She felt her nerves settle  as his hands caressed her waist. Her eyes became dewy as she said the words to him.

"I love you", She confessed closing her eyes and swallowing his words yet again by kissing him. She didn't wanted to see the mocking ridicule in his eyes or hatred. She simply couldn't handle any kind of rejection from his side as even though she knew the truth she couldn't handle it. If only Luce was a normal man, her husband. But no, he came out to be a antagonist who hates her father to the core and used her just to reach his target.

"If only you felt the same", Yanner whispered as she felt his heartbeat on her palm. From morning to night she would be around him making thousands of characters related to him. And making him fall for her in every romance book of hers.

Luce engulfed the woman close as she listened to his beating heart.

"Why don't you pretend to love me?" She requested her voice laced with despair.

"I love you, Yanner", Luce assured to the woman who nodded and smiled lovingly.

"Believable"

***

Jen Han is arrested for the murder of Chris Tang, the minister's son for 20 years with a chance of parole. Xavier is arrested for being an alibi as well as for murdering seven convicts and taking law in their own hands. He would serve for seven years in prison.

Yanner read the newspaper as she sat in the star publishing house. Luce somehow disappeared after that night when Yanner confessed her feelings for him. Yanner missed his presence but didn't complain at all as she smiled at the cute little girl  who gave her a candie to share.

She glanced around the waiting area and stood up to walk towards the classroom when her name was called.

"Miss Yanner I read your works and let me tell you I love the character of Lucifer you created for Anna", The editor praised the talented writer as she passively nodded.

"Lucifer gave up everything for the woman whom he loved without her knowing of his intentions, he freed her of all the grief, he chose her at last", The editor read as she marked the draft with her pen and wrote the lines in her sketch book.

"Love is about holding hands when you are at your lowest, smiling when you are unable to and hugging when the loneliness suffocates you", Yanner shared as she played with the pink pen as the editor tried to interpret her words.

"Don't you think it's lovely? A man falling for a woman when she gave up on him", Yanner mocked as she ridiculed her own book.

The editor shook her head.

"Not at all. Your books are more on the tragedy scale instead of romance", To which Yanner agreed.

"Well, you are hired", The woman said with a smile which Yanner reciprocated.

She went back to her house and sat on the nearby sofa. Her eyes are shimmered with tears as the day replayed in her mind.

" Xavier I know where the man is, You know what to do right?", Yanner said with anger in her voice.

"I will take care of him", He answered and the call went off.

Yanner smirked as she imagined the man getting stabbed in his hands, tortured the way he tortured the woman. And dying without his father to save him. She knew Xavier would rip his nails off first then stab him in the legs then his fingers. Then take away his pride, burn it as he cried. Stab him one last time and watch as his life drained out.

This was Xavier usually murdered the convicts. And before Luce, Yanner and Xavier would often collect articles about criminals who weren't served properly and take care of them. Seven was their record till now. But after the letter Xavier addressed to her she knew this was the last.

Dear Yanpie,

I think this is the time I should come clear of all my crimes. I am sorry Yanner, but this is the last time we may talk. I hope you live your life beautifully and stay happy.

You don't need love to stay happy. You don't need me...

I apologize but this our goodbye.

Your's lovingly,

Xavier.