29

"The elite production is pressing charges against you for assault and theft. Please report to the office asap"

These words made Yanner jump out of her bed. The dizziness hit her as her foot touched the floor and she fell. She could smell the disgusting stink coming from her sweaty body. Her embarrassed eyes looked around and sighed in relief when she found no sight of Luce. The guy would surely run back to Singapore while crying 'ZOMBIE'. This made her chuckle with a refreshed mind Yanner stood up and slowly walked into her washroom to meet her disaster of reflection. Her eyes were smeared with makeup and her hairs were standing hard as a rock at the end. It surely looked like she had a long night...

A smile curved her lips upwards as she washed her face taking her sweet time. The elite production can go to hell for all she cared. She could cope with this the way her protagonists did.

Just show them the middle finger and narrate her story in front of the jury. This was what she thought would be the best idea to prove herself as the rightful owner of 'Hearts in the Orange World'.

But an hour later she found herself in a dilemma. Her verdict was lame, she was broke and didn't have a lawyer to defend herself whereas the elite productions kept on calling fake witnesses. Then the footage played where she humiliated Kim Jeeyo Ni. Their voice was muted so the video ambiguously proved her as a psycho. Yanner almost regretted losing her sanity that day but then she controlled it and with grim eyes smiled at Kim Jeeyo Ni from the cell.

"This proves that Su Yan is a complete psycho your honour and since I witnessed the video, I couldn't help but dig deeper. And what I found would leave you all astonished", The lawyer attested as he held out an old red file that was held together by a flimsy white ribbon. Yanner recognised the file and felt all those memories almost knocking her off her feet. This was serious she finally realised. Kim Jeeyo Ni was the biggest bitch she ever met, this stupid thug dug down all her buried secrets just to steal away her copyright and secure his brother's position as the head writer. She could feel hot tears dripping from her eyes as she pleaded guilty in front of the jury as she did years ago, on her knees. She wasn't asked to but couldn't hold back the instinct that was drilled inside her.

"This woman right here is a murderer. The only reason she is standing in front of us is that she was underage when the atrocity took place and had to serve five years in juvenile detention", The lawyer concluded with a smirk on his lips. She could hear the murmurs in the crowd as her eyes blurred with fresh tears. Her clothes suddenly felt extremely tight as she tried to stand up again and face the accusing eyes. Her fingers were shivering as she cleared her throat to speak out the truth. But her voice gave up on her just like the audience who started shouting every single insecurity of hers. They didn't even spare her race. It was humiliating as she bowed her head.

The voices started getting louder when the judge requested them to quiet down. The whispers stopped but the glares remained. Yanner felt her listless fingers starting to clench around the cell as she almost sniffled out like a baby.

"I have read a copy of the book 'Hearts in the Orange World' as well as 'The Love of a Villain' and according to my understanding the writing style of both the books are quite similar", The judge spoke out loud as she passed both the books to a writing expert. Her rectangle specs softly touched her nose as she glanced around the room studying the spectators carefully. Nidhi Mandal wasn't an easy woman to deceive, the woman won seven international level olympiads as well as completed her masters with a full scholarship from Harvard University.

"Mr Brown I want you to bring some actual shreds of evidence in the next session instead of these liable stories and Miss Su Yan can plead for a prosecution to support her case. The case is dismissed for today", She gave her verdict and walked away with the cappuccino in her hands.

Yanner's brain was buzzing as she stood up and sneered at her sorry figure. How could she let those leeches mess with her brain? Yanner was fuming as she glared at Kim Jeeyo Ni and walked toward him not caring about her distraught look.

"Did you enjoy this?" Yanner threw the question at him softly. His eyes almost clouded with a little guilt but he shrugged to cover it up.

"Ma'am, I know you are a big fan of mine. But this isn't going to bring us closer", He said rather loudly earning round of approvals from around the public. He was a white lotus, a talentless creep and an A grade asshole.

"Fan? In your dreams you sick bimbo!" Yanner spat out coldly, satisfied when she saw the shock in his eyes. "You think I am a psycho, don't you? Then lemme warn you, never play with a psycho's mind"

With those words, I walked away.

***

"I have a writing offer for you", Lillah informed Yanner when she reached home. Su Yan almost had the urge to curse her, but then controlled the urge and listened to her explanation.

"After that incident, all the co-writers were extremely angry and started a protest which led to the breach in our contract with elite production. Mrs Thomas blacklisted the elite production, even though it wouldn't change anything we just hope this could protect our writer's work", She said her voice was a little strained as she softly explained and tried to reassure Yanner. Su Yan smirked as she imagined Lillah's clenched fist and angry eyes. This was all a lie, Yanner knew they were trying to entangle her another scheme of theirs. The firm needed her but Yanner wasn't going to be an easy prey.

"Not interested", Yanner said and with the two words she flipped off the entire 'Tonight America' writing firm.

***

So this is chapter 29. Did you like it?