37

Tell him your story Yanner...

The woman  repeated her words to which Su Yan nodded her head. She could feel the warmth around her body changing to a suffocating feeling, claustrophobia brought in nostalgia.

A beautiful woman in her early twenties giggled twirling around with a fairytale in her hand. She was narrating the story to thee t
six year old girl who sat on her leg as the woman twirled. Bangs on her clear baby skin and glittering black eyes lost in another world.

"The evil witch fell through the hill as the prince gave Snow the true love's kiss. The spell broke and with love she bid farewell to the seven lovely dwarfs departing with her prince charming, living her happily ever after..." The woman finished tucking a strand of air behind her ear as she stared at the cute baby that stuck on her leg like a baby panda.

"Su Yan do you want me to carry you?" Su ji asked as the girl nodded raising her arms for a piggy back.

Su ji laughed and placed the light weighed girl on her waist.

"Ji..?" Yanner grabbed her attention with a giggle

"Let's play hide and seek!" Yanner squealed and jumped off her like a cat landing on her knees on the carpeted ground. She passed a boastful toothy smile to Su ji saliva dripping from her lips as she laughed and stood up jumping a little to express how excited she was.

They heard the door being pulled open and a panicked look appeared on Su ji's face as she sushed the young girl and ask her to go and hide as she counted the numbers backward.

Yanner squealed and started running around the room in excitement trying to locate the perfect spot.

Six...

Nervousness hit her and she landed on her butt sniffling a little.

Three...

Then she crawled towards the open cupboard in panic her tiny legs too tired to walk. Yanner have always been a chubby kid, always resting in a corner or drinking milk. At the age of six as well the kid was basically a baby.

As she climbed inside the cupboard and closed the door, the counting stopped.

With a sweet smile on her face Su ji walked around the room and asked.

"Where did she hide?" This made Yanner giggle loudly and Su ji hearing the young girl giggle smiled more broadly.

"I can't find her"

She gave up like always with a sad expression on her face. Just when Yanner was going to shout 'I am here' the door burst open startling the two of them.

Yanner hid inside the cupboard as she heard voices. The door closed and she could only peek through the key hole breathing loudly. Her head felt heavy but then she saw a figure hovering above her sister.

"No...", Yanner heard her scream painfully. Her cry echoing in the empty room as she heard a beastly groan.

"Please don't..."

Su Ji pleaded making the little girl cried loudly banging on the cupboard to let her out so she could save her sister but due to panic she wasn't able to unlock the door.

"Don't hurt", Yanner pleaded through the hole for mercy. But the man didn't move from above her. His figure wasn't visible but she saw a hand strangling her sister. The nerves were visible on that tanned hand as it lifted up the unconscious woman and then Yanner witnessed him tying the woman to the ceiling fan.

Su Ji fell asleep Yanner thought as she saw her dainty legs hanging from the roof. Her eyes were closed as the woman rotated slowly like a swing on the ceiling fan. The young girl kicked on the lock and somehow the cupboard flew open she screamed. The world suddenly went black as she lost her balance.

*

The next time when she opened her eyes she saw her paternal uncle looking at her with worry.

" Are you hungry? " He inquired to which the girl nodded eagerly. The man laughed and carried her to the dining room where the food was set. As she was placed in the seat, Yanner looked around for Su Ji who fed her. But she was nowhere to be seen. Just then everything hit her and she desperately started looking for her in the kitchen, then the drawing room and the bed rooms. Her young feet got tired and she crawled back to the dining room sitting on her uncle's leg.

"Ayee do you want uncle to feed you?" The man coaxed and lifted her up into his lap. He cut down the pan cake into small slices perfectly with the table knife. Yanner saw his hand. Tanned hands with nerves popping. She felt something rise up in her heart as she felt the intense pain bubble up inside her tiny body. She had to remove it somehow and she knew how. Her eyes glared at the hand and she observed the fine lines. As the uncle cluelessly fed her she glared at him with malice.

Her eyes went to the fork and she witnessed herself lifting the fork and stabbing it in the tanned hand that strangled Su Ji. It stabbed the hands as the man screamed and tried to rush away making the young girl fall. Yanner didn't give up she stabbed him in his leg making him fall and with fully might stabbed the hand that made her sister cry.

The man went silent all of a sudden and his head banged on the floor. Yanner scooted back as she saw blood on her hands and the floor. She felt nausea hitting her and gagged several times as footsteps stopped near her. She panicked a looked up only to be relieved as her father wiped off her face with his knuckle. He was undeniably calm as he picked her up and carried her to the room. And even more silent when he called the authorities.

"I killed my uncle when I was six and ended up in a juvenile" , Yanner confessed laughing a little as she finally turned to Luce. She knew he would runaway, she wanted to see the disgust in his eyes. But instead of that she saw moist eyes staring at her and pulling her into a warm embrace. Yanner felt her eyes itching and the tears fell one by one. Tiny hiccups turned into loud cries. The storm outside neutralised the storm inside and the clouds rained equally as the embrace tightened making a sweet emotion linger in the heavy wind.