16

"I hate fiction", Luce said as he closed the book and placed it on the shelf. His expression was frosty, his eyes careless as he sat down on the sofa. They met Yanner's as he passed her a fake smile. At this moment he nowhere seemed like the sweet Luce Su Yan met a month ago. He looked more like the guy she spied on...

Lucifer

Selfish, ruthless by his words and haughty by his actions.

"You hate all... the fictions?" Yanner asked curiously not offended in the least. Or a lit bit.

"Well I kinda like one of them", He answered resting his head on the sofa. Yanner's eyes lit at his answer as she eagerly asked again.

"Which one?"

"Non fiction", He answered with a straight face. The light from her eyes disappeared and she furrowed her eyes at him as if judging him.

"It's not a fiction. That's why it's called non fiction", She explained in a calm voice keeping the sarcasm to herself. This guy literally had the power to make even a calm person like her want to jump out of her seat for different reasons.

"En...", He drawled out in a husky voice resting his head on the arm rest. His fingers were long like his tall stature and were adorned with two silver rings.

" Umm so... You like journals and autobiographies", Su Yan stated almost cringing. Those were the things she hated the most. While novels can take you to an adventure outside the world those autobiographies talk about trauma and the depression in the world they lived in. Novels are ships that take you far away into different worlds not into the world that tormented you but the one that distracts you from the real one.

Yanner didn't like to face reality, as it was harmful for her. Her high walls were the only safe zone that caged her in and kept her safe. Even the thought of the dangerous world outside made her shiver in dread.

"I do. I prefer the real world more than the fantasy world", He said in an almost mocking tone. But since he looked too hot in his overbearing pose, Su Yan didn't take any offence. If she could forgive Lillah then well it would be a crime to not forgive such an angel looking...

No

Devil looking guy

"Well everyone has different opinions. So are you... missing Singapore?" Yanner tried to stir away the conversation away from her weak point.

"Ofcourse I do. But honestly I am back for good", He said with a pleasant Luce smile on his face. Yanner didn't understood why she was classifying him into two different people. Lucifer when he was the panty dropping devil and Luce when she kinda liked him.

"That's great",  She replied with a sweet smile on her face. Placing her hands on top of other she sat on the sofa in a professional style. She hoped this made her look sophisticated and not like an awkward monkey.

She avoided fluttering her eyebrows and biting her lips, the habits that made her look flirty. When infact she was nervous.

Yanner hated silence. Especially the one with a family friend of hers whom she spied on and took pictures off without consent, and now he was her psychiatrist. How bizarre!

"So well let's keep this fun. I am not a doctor, you can think of me as a ... friend?" He said and drawled out the last word as if he wasn't sure. His blue eyes blinked as he cleared his throat and brought the sofa near her. They sat face to face.

His actions almost made her think if his degree was a sham, as a psychiatrist he should know that patients value personal space and develop a certain amount of self hate if their interests are made fun of. Or maybe he was doing it purposefully because he hated her.

Why would he hate her?

Hate was a strong emotion for him to be feeling

Looking back this was the moment where she stopped trusting her sixth sense around him.

***

"Woof woof", Jui greeted Luce by a bark and sniff on legs. Yanner saw his pretty face turning pale like his hair and she realised he was scared of dogs. She immediately picked Jui into her arms and walked to sit with it at the farest sofa.

As a dog mom she knew not everyone felt mushy when they saw Jui like her. Many were terrified of the cute bulldog. And this is what made her happier, Jui would stay with her for life. He would always be loyal only to her and nobody else.

She had a possessive side in her which she despised. She was too possessive and controlling, this made her always reconsider her thoughts of proposing to her crush. What if suppressing this side of her hurt or worse trigger her?

"Wow you love dogs", He murmured to himself with a funny kill me face. This made Yanner realise how different they were. 

"Yeah.. and I am really sorry", Yanner apologized with a guilty face. He shook his head and brought their convo to a boring topic yet again. Why was he not relatable at all?

Or maybe her introvert self lacked general knowledge which made his talks more like preaching than casual conversation. She was too boring. As he talked Yanner rested her head on the armrest and listened to him. His voice was too smooth and husky.

She slowly was lost in syllables as her eyes close on their own and she fell asleep while the poor guy was talking