21

"Anna escaped the orphanage and ran to the nearby station to seek refuge. She was smiling as she looked at the unfamiliar faces around her. This was life, she realised. This was freedom. Long legs hurried to the trains and Anna squeezed in as the crowd occupied the metro. Her mind was filled with images of wealth and a great office as she leaned on someone's leg. The person looked down and gasped, apologizing furiously. Anna shook her head and asked if the woman could take her to work. The woman frowned and as if something clicked in her mind she nodded. At the next stop the woman got down and handed the girl to the authority. Anna revolved from the police station to the refuge camp and one day exasperated by the depressing environment in both the centres, escaped"

"This time she ended up in a big town. The name of the town, she wasn't aware of. Looking at the beautiful place, Anna decided to sleep on the streets and clean it to earn a living. This could ensure her living as well as freedom. She didn't knew how wrong was she", Lillah read out loud from Yanner's file.

Yanner was down with a sore throat so she just closed her eyes and immersed herself in the long summary she wrote. This was anyway just the summary. The actual scenes would be finalised when the story was completely approved.

"I like how realistic and beautifully accurate your thought process is Yanner. Considering that you are a romance genre writer I never thought you could develop such a beautiful plot for general fiction as well", Kim Jeeyo Ni praised her with a slight twitch on his lips. His expressions were always controlled and measured. As an actor he liked to save all his expressions for the cinema and hardly smiled. So this twitch of his lips made Yanner immeasurably happy.

"Thank you sir", She whispered with a red face. Her eyes were excited as he nodded and stood up to leave for his meeting. This was something Yanner had only dreamed about in her teen life but now that her dream have come true, Yanner couldn't stop the prideful smile streching on her face as she stood up.

"Don't be so happy Yanner. Entertainment industry is extremely difficult to survive in. Take his compliment as a compensation", Lillah said as she placed Yanner's file carefully in her hand and turned away.

Yanner's smile disappeared as she tried to comprehend what Lillah's words meant.

What compensation?

Her phone started ringing breaking her thought process. Yanner frowned as she saw an unknown number.

"Yanner, this is dad. I am currently getting ready for a party, I have bought an appropriate dress for you. As you reach home, get ready and call Luce", Her dad hanged up after rambling this out. Yanner's mood got worse as she looked around the empty office and the phone in her hand.

If she stamped her phone would the camera record it?

Shaking the thought away, Yanner left the conference room without making a commotion.

***

Looking at her reflection, Yanner felt she looked good in this style. It was a long sleeved T shirt paired with a skirt that had a slit till her knees and covered her legs completely. This was the outfit that suited her the best, Yanner thought as she admired her figure in the mirror. Her non pregnant belly was neither protruding nor forming abs shaped animals because of the beautiful vintage belt, it made her look like a wealthy maiden from the 90's.

She almost had the urge to veil her face to blend in the crowds but went against it as that would attract more unwanted attention. She shook her head and untied her straight hair so that they covered her bare ears. Looking in the mirror for a final touch-up, Yanner made a sound of approval amd left her house to hail a cab. Her phone rang as she raised her hand.

'Dr Luce'

The screen shined brightly with his name, Yanner's eyes replicated the excited emotion of the phone as she read the name.

"Hey Luce", She said in what she thought was a feminine voice.

"Hello, I can see you standing there. Don't wait for a cab, just a minute", He said and disconnected the call. Yanner smiled when she saw his red ford parking beside her. She got in quickly and and observed the handsome man shamelessly till they stopped at the signal. His eyes were bright today and he looked quite handsome from this angle. His hair was gelled back and his ears had tiny silver bead on.

The sky blue shirt and dark pant went complimentary with his beauty. This man always managed to take her breath away and made her wonder whether he was a celestial being.

"You look pretty", Luce complimented as they finally stopped and he turned to look at her. His eyes shined with mischief as he checked her out to intimidate her, but instead of blushing like he expected Yanner smirked.

"I have something that would suit your outfit", Luce said while extending his hand to the passenger  seat making Yanner raise her brows

"You mean a gift?" She asked as he made a sound of approval and settled back into his seat while passing her a black hat. Staring at it she realised it was similar to the one she wore in the previous party. Her heart fluttered as she realised how observant Luce was, but her feelings were short lived when she saw a small piece of cloth hanging on the hat.

"Luce... Is this a veil?" She asked her eyes looking at him incredulously. He nodded and took the hat from her. Untying the veil from the small hook on either side of the hat, he went closer to Yanner making her breathing slower and tied it on her face.

A childish smile spread on his face as he adjusted the hat on her. The look on his face reminded her of a kid who had just won a lottery.

"You look beautiful", He said as he turned back to driving. Yanner who still wore a shocked expression immediately opened the shield to look at her face. 

And he was right. Her doll eyes stood out as she fluttered her long lashes.

***

So this was chapter 21. I hope you all loved it.