25

Yanner rubbed her face on the pillow as she laid bundled around Jue, his brown eyes softened every moment as she smiled at him. His golden hair was shining in the dim light as he scrutinised her eerie smile that brightened every moment. He would have bitten her already if this wasn't an everyday occurrence. Yanner had drastic mood swings and because he was her childhood bestie, he wasn't frightened by her creepy smile under the lamplight and the evil giggle which erupted from her throat every few minutes.

At this point, Jue was lazily rubbing his hands on her stomach, trying to soothe the pain from the constant vibration. He barked at her to keep quiet but she flashed a happy smile and kissed him on his ear. Her black eyes were bright as the sun, Jue felt happiness exude inside him and he happily wiggled his tail barking to boost her spirit.

"Jue he kissed me here", Su Yan said with a radiant smile, her eyes sprinkling as bright as the sun on a cloudless day. Her eyes were sparkling enough to overshadow the lamplight but Jue's happy spirit depleted. He rolled away and cried softly startling Yanner.

She immediately sat up and rubbed his head to loosen up his gloomy posture. He stopped crying softly and laid still as Yanner enveloped him in a bear hug, cuddling with him on the bed.

"I won't leave you", She assured him scratching his ears which made him purr in satisfaction. He sighed as he placed his snout on her chest and heard her lulling heartbeat. Since Yanner had an awful voice, her heartbeat worked like a lullaby.

As Jue was falling asleep he heard her say.

" You are the person I adore the most, there would never come a day when I would abandon a loyal bestie like you. I love you, Su Jue"

The surname Su revealed how the two of them were part of the same family. Although the blood that flowed within their veins was different they spoke a language nobody could decipher. It was their sibling's code. The night deepened and Yanner fell asleep with a large smile on her face.

***

After the hot summer, with the sound of rain that I'll miss
When I blush as I get shy
I'll kiss your eyes and you will have a lot on your mind
Let's walk (forward) together
Are you happy after meeting me too?

Yanner's phone played her favourite song 'Me after you' as her eyes flew open. She stretched her hands to locate the phone while yawning loudly. The screen lit up as she picked it up and saw Catarina's name flashing on it. A smile beamed on her as she received the call.

"Hey Girly! Good morning", Her enthusiastic greeting brightened the smile on her face. Yanner greeted her back while petting Jue's back.

"Did you read the new chapter of Yours truly?" Catarina asked.

"No actually yesterday night something big happened", Yanner shared as she snuggled her head into the pillow.

"Won't you share it with me?" She asked from the other side making Yanner chuckle because of her dramatic tone.

"Luce proposed to me last night", Yanner screamed in excitement as she clapped her hands waking up the drowsy Jue who growled in irritation.

The line went silent for a while. Yanner checked her internet connection, but there was no sound.

" Cat? Are you there?" Yanner asked waiting for her answer. A heavy sigh echoed from the other side as Catarina answered in a croaking voice.

"Yanner we have a situation here, I will talk to you later", With that, she cut the call.

Yanner frowned then recollected Cat's surname. Catarina worked in the ER so there must be an emergency that must have unnerved her. With that Yanner shrugged off Cat's odd action and got up to get ready for her date with Luce. She knew she had to give him an answer. And the answer was of course yes.

After an hour she sat in his office as he tore off a page from the prescription handing it to the nurse. The nurse took the paper and left the room. His cabin was large and faced the seaside. Yanner walked towards the balcony and turned back as if asking for permission when their eyes met. Luce was staring at her from the moment she entered the room. Her heart bubbled up with excitement as she passed him a nervous smile. His gaze didn't waiver and he slowly walked towards her. His steps were confident and intimidated her to an extent. At one point their steps matched but they were in the opposite directions, Luce was cornering her while Yanner was trying to flee away on instinct.

Finally, when the wall touched her back Luce enveloped her in his arms.

" Are you scared of me?" He asked again. But this time she could feel a little resentment leaking from his voice. It wasn't teasing, he was genuinely angry by her aversion to him.

"I didn't mean to offend you. All this is new for me", Yanner explained as Luce looked at her with a surprised look and blurted out.

"Is this your first real relationship?"

"This is my first real relationship", Yanner replied emphasising the word real.

" ohhh... What? So you mean your past bf wasn't real", He contemplated in a confused tone, his brows raised in a comical manner making Yanner laugh.

"No, they were fictional", She replied while tipping up her fake nerd glasses while smiling cheekily.

"I fell for a nerd", Luce whispered to himself. A dazed expression sparkled in his eyes as he smiled grimly. Yanner blinked as Luce quickly wiped off the grim expression. He placed his arms around her shoulder and helped her on the balcony.

The view was beautiful from the seventeenth floor, the air fresh and pollution-free. Yanner closed her eyes and sighed in satisfaction. She could feel her eyes getting heavy as Luce's voice lulled her into another dream.

****

So this was chapter 25. I hope you all love it💋