20

Sweet music played in the cafe as customers bubbled up inside. Yanner looked at the mass of people occupying the entire cafe and timidly stood in the corner leaning on the wooden wall. Her eyes shifted from her phone to the door as she waited for Luce to show up. She again imagined him in his white coat and nerdy spectacles shining sharply like laser censors as he walked closer to her and bent on his knee.

Yanner almost squealed out loud as she imagined his adorable blue eyes that shined with intelligence, shining with love and affection only for her. Her fingers clutched her small totte bag as she closed her eyes and imagined his platinum blonde hair moving with the wind and his vulnerable expression contrasting with his formal shirt and tie tightened to his neck. Her hands tingled as she further drifted in her imaginary world. She could imagine thousand scenarios of the future them after this successful first date. Like fixing his blue tie every morning.

"You can only be mine" She asserted as she tightened the tie around his neck. Half her body was supported by his hand around her waist as she stood on her toes to straighten his collar. Then her eyes went to his green ones. Her doll face broke out in a smile as mischievousness shined in them.

"Yanner-" She didn't let him complete his words by biting his lower lip. He raised his brows and she smiled sweetly at him as her lips showered kisses on his jaw till they reached his neck, sucking making him groan.

"Baby, I am already late. Can we do this later?" He asked her while caressing her silky black hair.

The girl backed away a few steps and smiled at him nodding. He kissed her and she smirked when her eyes went to the mark on his neck. The mark indicated that he was hers. Lucey can only be Yanner's. She was unsatisfied though as she couldn't mark him with her blood.

***

"Su Yan"

The voice broke her out of her stupor as she shrugged away the hands on her shoulders and squinted her eyes at the person who called her. A tall woman entered her vision, her blue eyes accessorised with rectangle glasses and her light brown hair falling on her shoulders in gentle waves.

She had the perfect face of a pretty nerd. As she moved her gaze she saw Luce standing beside her and in an instinct she stepped forward and shook hands with him.

"Sorry I took too long because of an emergency meeting, I called but you didn't reply so I rushed here", Luce said in an embarrassed voice scratching the back of his neck. He looked like a cute puppy as he looked at her with an apologetic face. Her eyes observed his wrist on which his silver watch shined brightly, the time shocking her.

"I waited for an hour?" She asked dubiously to herself. Then her gaze travelled to the two of them standing beside each other mirroring worried expressions. They looked like power couple turning Yanner's eyes misty. Yanner quickly stabilised her sad face and laughed to brush off the obvious slip of her expression.

"I should have picked up your call instead of falling asleep on a hardwood wall for an hour...", Yanner trailed off embarrassed enough to run away before these beautiful creatures intimidated the hell out of her.

"No it's my fault, not yours. I am really sorry", He said while catching her palm in his hand. And pleading her again with his earnest eyes. He looked almost surreal. Yanner realised something, Luce had too many personalities. She could make fifty different characters just from his one expression and pose. And at this point looking at him wearing a plain blue shirt with the tie tightened upto his collar she blushed thinking back to her dream where she left a hickey just above the side of his neck. His hair blew and she realised a person stood right next to him and their eyes met again. The woman was more beautiful up close. Sophisticated like a princess and classy as hell. Her whole aura screamed royalty.

"It's absolutely fine Luce", Yanner replied while squeezing his hand and passing the woman beside him a polite smile.

"Hey, I am Su Yan", Yanner introduced herself to the beautiful woman, the woman blinked and her face turned red suddenly as a cheeky smile spread on her pretty face, transforming her aura from sophisticated to straight adorable.

"I am Catarina, Luce's colleague", She said with a cute smile on her face.

"Wow your name and face reminds me of someone", Yanner exclaimed in an excited voice clapping her hands together as she looked at the beautiful woman with twinkling eyes.

" Oh wait let me guess. It's Catarina Claes from All routes lead to doom, right?" She guessed with a haughty expression that made Yanner almost squeal as it perfectly depicted how the original anime villainess was supposed to be.

"Yes it's. Ahh I loved the novel version", Yanner sighed as she calmed down her beating heart and turned to Luce who suddenly disappeared.

" Where-", Catarina cut her off.

"Leave him, did you watch the anime version of it yet?" She asked in an excited voice. Yanner nodded and they fell back into the interesting discussion of their favourite anime.

Luce appeared after several minutes, with a tray full of snacks and gestured the two of them to follow him upstairs. Yanner who initially thought she would be a third wheel between the two gorgeous doctors quickly realised how great Catarina and her chemistry was.

"It's crazy how similar the both of you are", Luce stated while casually munching the mustard dipped fries.

Both of them nodded then burst out laughing as they discovered a fry tucked in Luce's tie frivolously. Catarina boldly brought her BBQ sauce near the poking fry and applied on it.

Luce glared at the two of them, then with a blank expression knocked off the fry with a flick of his finger and went back to quietly sipping his pepsi as the two woman talked about their imaginary crushes.

***

Well this is chapter 20. I hope y'all love it♥️

What are your thoughts about Catarina?

A picture of Catarina Claes from the anime All routes lead to doom: