28

The hair on the back of his neck stood up as her black eyes stared at him with obsession. He knew this was because of the drinks she had earlier, that made the petite girl bold enough to bite him. He could see her eyes on him from his peripheral vision. The girl was oddly quiet as she lay still in his arms. Her long lashes fanned her cheeks every alternate second as she blinked. She was staring at him innocently as if he was a work of art. The look that always irked him was making him flush.

Was it because of the alcohol?

She adorably scrunched her nose as he gathered her scattered hair away from her face.

"You are messing my harry style", She slurred and giggled at her stupid joke. If she was awake she wouldn't have mentioned such a stupid pun but her drunk mind was slower than usual as she blinked at Luce.

He sighed and lifted her in his arms. Yanner squealed and giggled like a maniac. Luce could feel his annoyance peaking as the drunk girl placed her hand on his eyes. He controlled the urge to drop her in the parking lot and drive away. It was extremely hot when he settled Yanner in the backseat.

His throat felt itchy as he picked up the water bottle and gulped it down to eliminate the alcohol from his body. Although he drank just a glass unlike Yanner, he felt his mind go numb.

There was always guilt burning him from inside as he knew Yanner deserved better. She deserved someone who could cherish her sweet love...

He swallowed down the guilt and started the car. His focus was on the road when she started mumbling in her sleep. Her words were incoherent but he knew they were addressed to him.

"Luce... You are so cute", She said suddenly opening her eyes, startling him. He looked at her from his peripheral vision and posed a loving smile. Yanner giggled light-heartedly and plopped back to enjoy the full comfort of the lavish car.

"Should I drop you at your house?" He asked her casually. It wasn't an invitation to hang out further but he just hoped the woman would say no. Playing the gentleman game was too tiring. He already felt his bones twisting and his mouth turning sour whenever he forced himself to act sweetly to her. Hopefully, it won't last for long...

"Aren't you scared?", He asked as he parked his car in an empty lane. He turned the engine off and waited for the drunk girl to fall asleep again.

"Scared of what?" She asked, clueless.

"Look outside, you are alone with me," He said in a dark tone, a shadow crossed over his face in the brightly lit car as if we were a villain in a TV show. His platinum hair was hiding his blue eyes. It almost made him look sinister, was she experiencing one of her classic kidnapping scenes. Yanner observed him for a while then laughed leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Ohhh, Luce. You are so cute, I will never be scared of a guy like you, kidnap me if you want", Yanner chuckled again, not aware of the expression on Luce's face. "

Even if you lie to me, I would never hate you", She continued leaving Luce speechless. After a huge silence, Luce mustered up his courage and asked hypothetically.

"Will you forgive me even if I was an imposter?"

Yanner was caught off guard as her drunk brain tried to decipher his words. She was awkward when she nodded and replied.

"Yes, just don't leave me... ever"

Luce's jaw dropped as he stared at the innocent girl. His heart which he believed was made of stone started beating loudly. He could hear warning signals go off in his brain.

"Why would you forgive me if I betrayed you?" Luce asked curiously his blue eyes were looking at her as if she was a muddle head. But Yanner was in a lively mood and she confessed her heart to him.

"Because I love you silly"

His heart went dub dub and the immense guilt that he stored away in his heart hit him all at once. His eyes teared up as he gripped the steering wheel and again with a dark look on his face drove Yanner to her house. He controlled the pain that kept plaguing his head as her innocent black eyes flashed with the words. The words and the look were true. She truly fell for him...

He should have been happy but his emotional state was in haywire. At one side was a silly girl who loved and on the other his plans. He couldn't sacrifice someone who truly loved him, he thought and with a green heart dropped Yanner to her apartment as a sign of farewell. Forever.

He placed her on the sofa and as he was leaving Yanner pulled his hand. Looked like she was still awake. Since his eyes were covered she couldn't see the expression he had

"Luce I trust you more than dad. I know you would never abandon me unless I did something wrong. And I... I promise you, I will always cherish your feelings no matter what", Yanner said in a sleepy state, her eyes were drowsy but a blissful smile was spread on her face as she gazed at Luce as if he was her entire world.

Luce's heartbeat skyrocketed looking at her kitten-like black eyes that annoyed him in the beginning. But now they seemed beautiful, even her black hair stood out in the starry night. His heart went lub dub again but for a different reason. His eyes shifted to her lips and he thought if he should kiss her one last time. How heartbreaking it was for her? She just confessed her feelings and he was gonna desert her forever.

He felt the guilt rise in his throat and without thinking he enveloped the drunk girl in his arms and pecked her softly.

"I am sorry, Yanner", He whispered and finally stood up. Walking away was hard, he wanted to look at her one last time. And he gave in to his urges turning around, a smile spread on his face when he saw Yanner sprawled comfortably on the sofa like a cute kitten. Then a shadow cast on his face as he closed the door to her apartment. When he got into the lift he felt slight wetness on his cheeks. Guilt was a deadly weapon he realised...

***

So this is chapter 28. I hope you all loved it.

And how did you like Luce's p.o.v?