31

It was Christmas eve as Yanner sat in the cafe with Catarina. Catarina was telling her about the anime she watched last night and Yanner was interested but also wanted to ask her about Luce. Although Luce was her fiance he suddenly disappeared without leaving a clue behind. It made her mad. But she knew it must be an absolute emergency as Luce would never break the promise he made to her.

"I am obsessed with the opening music of 'The Psychic Princess', it's funny and intriguing at the same time. It's my alarm now", Catarina excitedly confessed and showed her the song making Yanner giggle.

"I freaking love anime!" Su Yan exclaimed as the fangirl inside her danced. Her mood became lighter and the two of them entered a lively discussion of their favourite anime villains.

"Mine is Schneizel", They confessed at the same time. Yanner's eyes widened as she realised something.

" So you must like Luce...", Su Yan trailed off feeling uncomfortable on confronting her as Catarina hadn't done anything lecherous to be in her scrutiny. But Yanner felt a little irritated as she thought about the proximity between the two of them. There was no way Cat didn't like Luce as he was her type and colleague as well.

"I won't lie to you", Cat sighed and continued, " Look Yanner I don't have feelings for him, he is my friend and in the beginning, I went after him for his face but then realised he wasn't my type at all"

There was a grim look in her eyes as she said that. Yanner raised her brows for her to continue. Was something wrong with Luce?

"He is a good guy but has a lot of issues which I can't tell you because it's his private matter. You can ask him about this when he comes back from Singapore", She explained with a sombre expression but Yanner's mind just processed the last sentence.

" When he comes back from Singapore?" She repeated dumbly which made Cat raise her brows in question.

"He didn't tell you about going to Singapore?" She asked Yanner with a funny expression on her face while sipping her cocktail.

"He informed me, I was just processing your previous sentence. Cat if it's something that will later mess up our marriage then you have to tell me. Please...", Yanner pleaded as her mind dimmed with the thoughts. She felt her nerves kick in as she remembered the number of calls that were left unanswered and her messages that didn't reach him. She felt angry and betrayed. He informed Cat but not his fiance.

 The past days were a living hell for her, her insomnia kicked in again as nightmares of him leaving her started haunting her every night. Yanner had a severe case of insomnia and she could go days without sleeping. But those days were the actual nightmares that trapped her in as her brain started hallucinating at that point and creating images that didn't exist. The sound intensifies as the image gets more creative with each day and the state in which the person goes into is worse than any cocaine hangover. It breaks the patient physically and mentally sometimes resulting in seizures.

Yanner knew at this point Luce wasn't to blame. It was her fault, she fell for him too fast. But the anxiety inside her was killing her.

Catarina didn't reply and they left the topic before going to back discuss anime.

***

"I am broke", Yanner sobbed as she laid on the armrest counting her savings. The money wasn't enough to afford a good lawyer for more than one session. Since she quit her job, her daily source of income was deducted and now she was hopeless. Not completely though, her last resort was her dad who went back to Singapore last night due to an urgent meeting. He was unaware of her situation and truthfully Yanner didn't want to trouble with her daily life problems. Even though he was her father, she didn't want him to clear out her mess.

There was one more way. Although she had rejected the agency a couple of times before they kept on offering her the job for a project. Xiangmao America was now an established firm with a lot of fundings that came from plays and anime they created. The plays were so popular that the tickets for the show generally got sold out on the first day itself.

The reason why she kept on rejecting their offer was that they put a lot of mental pressure on their writers even to the point of mental breakdown and suicide. But they covered up this flaw of theirs by the fundings and needless to say the pressure they created always worked miraculously with amazing dialogues that often gave her the chills.

Yanner closed her eyes and before she could back off called the firm.

" Hello, welcome to Xiangmao America. How can I help you?" The lady asked from the other side.

"I am Su yan, the author of 'The Love of a Villain' from -", The woman cut her off.

"Alright, I am directing your call to our director", She said and Yanner's call went on hold. The caller tune startled her.

Smooth like butter, like a criminal undercover
Gon' pop like trouble breaking into your heart like that (ooh)
Cool shade, stunner, yeah, I owe it all to my mother
Hot like summer, yeah, I'm making you sweat like that (break it down)

The music reminded her of Luce suddenly and she shook her head. That stupid man was ignoring her on purpose but she wasn't giving up. Her stubbornness could pass a bull's and her ego didn't exist or at least for him. She kept her cycle of emails and calls each night till the point it became a routine for her. The person on the other side wasn't bothered to pick up but she relented.

There was a ding from the other side then she heard the director's hoarse voice.

"Who is this?" He asked politely to which Yanner repeated her answer that she said to the receptionist.

"I know you. So since you connected to me then it must be for filling in a vacancy, right?" He questioned to which she nodded then realised it was a phone call.

"Yes, I got a few emails from Xiangmao America and wanted to enquire if the offer still stands", She replied her voice covering up the nervousness that she felt. She desperately needed this job but she knew better than to show it.

"Sadly the post got filled just a week ago", The director confirmed her fear making her sigh but he continued, " But there is a play that has a vacancy for a head writer"

"That's great can you tell me its name", Yanner asked excitement clear in her voice.

"I hope you won't back off after you hear the name", He told her whispering the name of the cursed play.

"My Psychotic Lover"

***

So...

What are your thoughts?