30

Lights shone in the skyscraper as the woman laid on the bed all alone. Her long gown and chiffon shawl covered her entire face, only revealing her intense eyes. The colour in the room flickered as did the expressions in her eyes. She rolled her arms around the white comforter and wiggled her toes out to breathe. Happiness shone in her eyes as blue light flickered quickly transforming into a frown. On the wall was a large mirror that reflected her face. Bloodshot eyes that looked extremely sleep deprived. On the edge of the bed were some pills untouched. The room was a mess just like her emotions. Her mental strength was in chaos as she combed her fingers through Jue's golden hair. The tape replayed as the broken mirror on the ground shone brightly.

Her doll eyes were in a daze as she suddenly closed them and sat up, as the mirror reflected the seven colours on the window. The rain outside reverberated as the sheets from her body fell. There she was in a lacy baby pink gown, golden wig giving her already beautiful face a stunning touch. Her lips were curled up in a smirk as she stood up and walked towards the large balcony.

The glass door flew open and the woman walked inside confidently not caring about the snowstorm as the temperature went down. Her eyes were on the purple glass slippers, she thought will her toes be able to fit in like Ella or she has to cut down her soles like the stepsisters to find her prince charming. She closed her eyes and placed her legs in the glass slippers, her legs turning numb as the cold seeped into her feet slowly.

She closed her eyes and the loud storm quietened till her glass heels clicking on the wooden floor was the only sound that mirrored in her ears. The snowflakes shone around her as the little cloud fell on her platinum hair. She moved her fingers imagining the witch's wand as it turned the slippers to her right size but as she twirled around her legs started trembling. Her eyes were closed when she felt a gentle touch on her head which broke her dream state and the music of her heels quietened. The storm was loud in her ear as she blinked her eyes open to look at a man. He occupied the small space in the balcony dwarfing her.

He had eyes as dark as her but his face was masked by a stony expression. Chiselled face, dark eyebrows and a lean nose gave him an adonis like glory. But the woman was unfazed as she raised her brows and asked him.

"Who are you?" Her question resonated in his ears as a human expression made its presence on his face. The cold was affecting him causing his skin to cluster but she felt nothing.

"I am Xavier, you forgot me again. Didn't you?" He asked with a bitter smile on his face. The girl blinked and shook her head.

"I genuinely don't know who are you", The girl replied her eyes squinted in confusion. Her golden tresses framed her heart-shaped face.

"Yanner...", He sighed calling her name as if reminiscing a past mistake.

"Look you got the wrong woman. I am Julie, not Yanner", She explained slowly. Her annoyance was increasing as well her hallucination. Or was it myopia?

"Oh... You didn't take your pills again", He stated calmly and left the balcony to walk into the mess of a room. The woman huffed in frustration and followed him. Her anger was at its peak these days and normal voices seemed to mess her mind up easily.

She entered the room to find him sitting on her bed with her pills in his palm. Her anger rose and she snatched the bottle away.

"This is it! I am gonna call the cops if you don't leave my room right now", She threatened and intimidated him with the pointy glass slippers. Xavier stood up raising his hands in surrender.

"Yanner... I mean Julie. You are a writer and Julia is one of the characters in your book. This is a hallucination that your mind trapped you in because of lack of sleep", He tried to explain as she backed him into the bed corner with her glass slippers pointing just above his eyes. Xavier felt a chill in his spine because of her unnerving expression. She almost gave him the crazy vibes.

"Stop... are you one of Ryan's creepy friends?" She enquired stepping back and lowering her scrutiny on him.

He thought for a moment and nodded to go along with her reasoning.

"We have broken up last week. Why did he send you here?" The woman questioned her eyes blinking away the pain as the tears dropped from the side. Xavier was stunned by the seriousness on her face.

"He was... worried about you", He voiced out hesitantly. She gaped at him with surprise then shook her head. Xavier felt as if he was in a soap opera and he realised that Yanner was a talented actress.

"He wants me to eat these pills, doesn't he?" She asked picking up the bottle that was on her bed.

"Yes? I mean yes", He said with confidence when the scene in one of Yanner's book hit his mind, Forget me (not). The main character in the book was an insomniac just like Yanner and often suffered from hallucinations if she stopped taking her pills. This particular scene was where the main character was again helped by the main lead and they started falling for each other again.

"I will have the pills if you leave the room", She demanded and Xavier agreed immediately walking away hearing the click on the door. Anyway he had the key to the room so nothing could go wrong, thinking that he left Yanner alone.

***

So this is chapter 30. I hope you all loved it:)

Who is Xavier?