23

Yanner tried to avoid the eyes on her as they entered the hall. She knew the reason behind this unwanted attention was Luce. His gorgeous face and dramatic aura were far too distracting. She sneaked a glance at him, her head tilted to the side as she admired his cute chubby cheeks, the only feature that made him look human and not an elegantly carved bronze statue. His pearl-like eyes were undecipherable as Yanner tried to depict his mood. Her brows hooked up in a frown and an ugly expression masked her veiled face.

She ran her eyes around the hall and made eye contact with some of them. Her eyes held a warning, as she pried those disgusting eyes away from her Lucifer.

The two of them exuded similar auras, intimidating the young girls enough to avert their eyes. Yanner gracefully removed her hat and lowered her veil. Not caring about the stares she was getting. She wasn't timid, Yanner realised. Which was indeed strange.

Was it because of the arm that protectively clutched her? Or the expression on his face that mirrored her. Yanner couldn't help but grin as she relished the fondness of the handsome man.

Her stomach was doing a silly dance and her brain was urging her to yank the man closer. But she controlled those urges and with a straight face backed away when she found her father. Yanner realised how jolly her father was, as he jumped around his friends like a cute panda, his shirt adorned with an orange stain pointing out how clumsy he was. Yanner didn't know what to do with her restless hands as they were freed from Luce's grip. She clumsily placed them together to look poised instead, it made her look like a grumpy kid getting reprimanded.

"Luce, Yanner come here", Jen Han called out cheerfully when he saw the two kids standing there awkwardly.

Yanner glanced at Luce who was smiling brightly. He shuffled towards her father and started conversing with him. Yanner heeded and stood beside Jen Han to decipher the meaning behind this expression of Luce. Although he had a smile on his charming face, his blue eyes weren't shining like they usually did when he joked. It appeared staged, which was fine as Yanner being an antisocial girl also knew how to fake an enthusiastic smile. But Luce's case was different. She could see a dangerous glint in his eyes as he stared at Jen Han, not realising her eye on him.

Blinking her eyes Yanner shrugged away the strange feeling that was rising in the pit of her stomach and joined their conversation.

***

The party was far too long, Yanner was exhausted but Jen Han didn't display any sign of tiredness like her. He was drinking with his friends and Yanner sat behind him getting the first-hand experience of a third wheel.

She wanted to go back and sleep in her comfy clothes while drinking a jar of hot chocolate. But Jen Han had other plans, the entire group planned to book the third floor and sleep in the hotel rooms. Which was a big no for Yanner. She anxiously ran her eyes around the large hall, gazing at the exit with longing when she noticed Luce. Her eyes lit up and she immediately ran towards him.

"Luce", He stopped when he heard her shout and quickly turned around to find a heaving Yanner gasping with her wide open. Luce calculated the distance between the stage and exit in his brain and realised it wasn't that large. The girl was either too weak and pampered or never went to a gym. Which was a thing that annoyed Luce to death.

He found yet another unappealing point about the rich pampered girl.

"Can you do me a favour?" Yanner asked her eyes pleading with him as her hands awkwardly tugged the belt on her waist. She was anxious, her eyes moving around the hall helplessly as she pleaded with him with her beautiful doll eyes.

"I don't do favours..", Luce drawled out as he noticed the sad look on her face he continued with a smirk on his face, "how about a deal?"

He asked raising his brows at her. Yanner nodded without thinking. Her eyes gleamed with hope as she gazed at Luce as if he was her fairy godmother.

"Great then. Allow me to drive you home", Luce declared while bowing professionally forwarding his hand to her. Yanner giggled and accepted his hand. And with that, the two of them exited the large hall.

This time around Yanner didn't think much just gazed at Luce like a starstruck lover as they boarded the elevator. The seconds turned into a minute and finally, the large doors opened with a ting. Luce quickly exited the lobby area and Yanner tried to keep up with his long strides. At one point Yanner wanted to beat him with her slippers to make him realise how inconsiderate he was being. Alas God didn't like her thought process and her heels got stuck in a trap making her fall with a thud.

The man finally realised her lack of presence and turned around to find her limping with a broken pair of heels in her hand. He felt guilty as he looked at the poor girl, sighing he knelt in front of her.

Yanner backed away quickly when Luce was suddenly in front of her. He raised his head and with a smile that made her heart skip, spoke.

"I can give you a piggyback till we reach my car"

Yanner tilted her head and then with a mischievous voice demanded.

"I want a princess carry"

Her face was coloured red as Luce stood up and Yanner felt her view change from portrait to landscape. His hands enveloped her back and head.

Yanner previously thought that this would enable her to closely view his side profile but because of his long legs Yanner was often jerked in his arms, she stifled her shrieks and muttered curses against the inconsiderate man. It wasn't how she imagined her eyes could just view that bob at his throat and get a view at his lower chin which looked rather ugly from this angle.

Yanner groaned out her remorse as the man carried her with zero gentleness, her romantic mood dissipated as they reached the car and Luce unceremoniously dropped her in the passenger seat as if she was a heavy potato sack.

***
So this was chapter 23. I hope you all loved it.

I apologize for the bad writing style.

What are your thoughts about Luce?