Welcome and Warnings

Everyone clapped as Professor Dumbledore walked up to his podium, "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts

Everyone clapped as Professor Dumbledore walked up to his podium, "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First I am pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck Professor."

Dumbledore motioned over to Remus and he stood up. Everyone clapped, Marlene looked up at Remus and saw him wink at her and she smiled "Of course that's why he knew to give you the chocolate Harry." Hermione said

"Did I not tell you that's what he was doing?" Marlene asked and everyone shook their heads.

Harry turned around as Draco was calling him from the over table, "Potter. Is it true that you fainted?"

"Is it true you're an idiot?" Marlene asked as she turned Harry back around

Harry sighed and said, "How did he find out?"

"Just forget it." Zac said

They turned their attention back to Professor Dumbledore, "Our Care Of Magical Creatures teacher has decided to retire in order to spend some more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately I am delighted to announce...that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid."

Everyone clapped again as McGonagall nudged Hagrid to stand up, "Finally, on a more disquieting note...at the request of the Ministry of Magic. Hogwarts will until further notice play host to the Dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The Dementors will be stations at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day to day activities a word of caution...Dementors are vicious creatures they'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you...to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."

. . . . . . .

After the feast the Gryffindor students walked up the stairs towards their common room. Seamus walked over to the painting of the Fat Lady singing, "Fortuna Major."

Seamus turned around, "Here, listen she won't let me in."

"Fortuna Major." Zac said

The Fat Lady stopped singing and held out her hand, "No, no wait wait. Watch this."

Everyone covered their ears as the Fat Lady started to sing, "Fortuna Major." Marlene said

"Yes, all right. Go in." She said as the painting opened

"Thank you." Marlene said as she walked into the Common Room with Seamus and Zac, "Three years, three years she's been doing that."

Zac nodded, "She can't even sing."

"Exactly." Seamus said

. . . . . . . .

That night Hermione, Natalie Branstone, Tina Ramsey and Marlene were sitting around one bed in the Dorm, "So what's the Defence teacher like?" Natalie asked

"Why don't you ask Marlene it's her dad." Hermione said

They all looked over to Marlene and she nodded, "Yup. Professor Lupin. Marlene Lupin, shocker." Marlene laughed, "He's nice, don't worry nothing like...Snape."

"Good. I don't think I can handle another teacher like Snape." Tina said

Marlene smiled, "He used to go here."

"Really?" Hermione asked and Marlene nodded

"Can you hear animal noises?" Marlene asked

The girls went silent as they listened a few seconds later they heard a lion, "That'll be the boys then." Hermione said

Tina then screamed and everyone looked over to her, "What is it?!"

Tina was standing on her bed, "The book."

"What book?" Marlene asked

"Care of Magical Creatures." Tina said

Everyone got their feet off of the ground and stood on the beds, "Hermione what do we do?" Natalie asked

Hermione shook her head and shrugged, "I don't know."

"You're the smartest in the room." Natalie said

Marlene bent down and picked up the paper bin from the floor before jumping onto the ground, "What are you doing?" Hermione asked

"Trying something new." Marlene said as she walked over to Tina's  bed.

The book came flying out from under the bed, with open like a mouth. Marlene jumped over it and put the paper bin over the top of it before sitting on it, "Now what?" Tina asked

Marlene thought for a second, "Zac...get him, he did this back home when I opened the book."

Hermione jumped off of the bed and ran towards the door, a few minutes later she came back in with Zac behind her, "Why are you sitting on a bin?"

"Shut up and help I'm sitting on a bin which has an angry book inside of it." Marlene said

Zac chuckled as he walked towards her, "You know I'm a bit disappointed this place looks exactly like my room."

Thank you for reading
Extra one this week as I feeling nice

Comment and Vote