Happy Birthday

Marlene was laying in her bed when she heard the door open, a few seconds later Zac had jumped on top of her, "Let's go! Life is happening!" 

Marlene pushed Zac off of her and groaned, "What is the matter with you?" 

"It's my best friend's birthday, that is exciting we're the same age again so...meet me in my room." Zac said as he got off of the bed and walked out of the room 

"Nothing better blow up in my face!", Marlene laughed to herself as she looked at the door and saw Remus standing there,

 "Did he give you the whole life his happening birthday speech?" 

Marlene nodded, "Oh yeah. Hi, you feeling better?" 

Remus nodded as he walked over to her and sat on the end of the bed, "We're doing this now, whilst Zac is busy."

He put two small boxes on the bed, he pointed to one of them, "That's from me. The other one is from someone else." 

Marlene picked up the box and opened it, "Dad..." 

Remus smiled and said, "We've got to own who we are." 

Marlene took the necklace out of the box, "It's beautiful, can we-" 

Remus cut her off, "We can. Trust me we can, it's your birthday we can do anything. Now this is why Zac is in the other room." 

He handed her the second box, Marlene took it and opened it, "Is this?" Remus nodded, "When did he? Look." Marlene took the ring out of the box and showed Remus 

Remus took it and looked at it, "I remember this. He hated his family, they all hated each other but he wore it to remind him what he left and where he came from." 

"You said you wanted to know where I stand with it. What I believe well..." Marlene took the ring and put it on her middle finger, "He didn't do it." 

Remus smiled, "If anyone I knew you would see sense." Remus hugged her, "Happy birthday cub." 

Marlene hugged him back and said, "Thank you."