Boggart in the Cupboard

"Hey where have you been?" Hermione asked as Marlene sat at a bench in the great hall

"I was with my dad, what is this I heard Buckbeak attacked Draco?" Marlene asked

Harry shook his head and said, "Draco was going towards Buckbeak and...got spooked I guess."

Marlene nodded, "That sounds more like it."

"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick isn't he?" Ron asked

Zac nodded, "Yeah, but at least Hagrid didn't get fired."

"I heard Draco's father's furious we haven't heard the end of this." Hermione said

Seamus came running into the hall holding the newspaper, "He's been sighted!"

"Who?" Marlene asked

"Sirius Black!" Seamus said

Marlene leaned over as everyone surrounded Seamus and the newspaper, "Dufftown? That's not far from here" Hermione said

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts do you?" Neville asked

Zac chuckled and said, "With Dementors at every entrance no way."

"Dementors he's already slipped past them once. Who is to say he won't do it again?" Seamus asked

Dean nodded and said, "That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands."

. . . . . . .

Later that day in the Defence classroom everyone was standing in front of the wardrobe with the Boggart inside, "Intriguing isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" Remus asked from the back of the room

"That's a Boggart." Zac said

Remus nodded, "Very good Mr Bletchley. Now can anybody tell me what a Boggart looks like?"

"No one knows. Boggarts are shape shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes them so-"

Remus cut Hermione off, "So terrifying. Yes yes. Luckily a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands please. After me. Ridikulus."

"Ridikulus." The rest of the class repeated

Remus nodded, "Very good. Well so much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Neville would you join me please? Come on don't be shy come on."

Neville walked through the crowd towards the front of the class, "Neville what frightens you the most."

"Professor Snape." Neville said

The class laughed as Remus said, "Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all. I believe you live with your grandmother."

Neville nodded, "Yes. But I don't want that Boggart to turn into her either."

"No it won't. I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Now when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do." Remus walked over to Neville and whispered something in his ear, "Can you do that?" Neville nodded, "Good. Wand at the ready. One, two, three."

Remus flicked his wand and the wardrobe unlocked and opened. When the door opened Professor Snape walked out towards Neville, "Ridikulus!"

Within a few seconds Snape turned into Snape wearing old lady clothes and everyone laughed, "Wonderful, Neville, Wonderful! Ok everyone form a line. I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the most and turn it into something...funny."

As everyone was going to the line Marlene stayed where she was at the side of the room, "You not doing it?"

Marlene shook her head, "I tried it the other day in case it was you know what."

"It wasn't?" Zac asked

Marlene shook her head again and said, "No. It wasn't."

"Next...Zac."

Zac turned around, "That isn't fair I'm not even in the line."

"Come on." Remus said

Marlene pushed him forwards slightly and he stood in front of the wardrobe, "Concentrate. Face your fear. Be Brave."

The boggart of Snape turned into a giant goose, "Wand at the ready Zac. Wand at the ready."

Zac took his wand out of his cloak and pointed it at the boggart, "Ridikulus!"

Everyone laughed as the Goose turned into a rubber duck, "Very good! You see! Marvellous. Next Parvati!"

Zac walked back over to Marlene, "I forgot you hated geese." Marlene said

Once Parvati had finished, Harry stepped forwards and the clown turned into a Dementor. Remus jumped in front of the Boggart and it turned into a full moon, "Ridikulus!"

The moon turned into a balloon and flew all around the classroom, the wardrobe opened and the balloon flew in, "Right, well, sorry about that. That's enough for today. Collect your books from the back of the class, that's the end of the lesson."

Everyone moaned as they picked up books from the back of the class then walked out, Zac and Marlene stayed behind, "Well that was subtle." Zac said

"Thank you Zac." Remus said as he covered the wardrobe up

Marlene took out some pieces of paper, "Hogsmeade trips."

Remus took the papers and said, "I can sign yours but not Zac's I'm not his guardian or parent that honour goes to your brother."

"Really? My brother hasn't been seen on the face of the earth for years...Oh come on you might as well be. We all live in the same house , break the rules for once in your life Remus." Zac said

Remus chuckled and said, "You have no idea how ironic that comment was."

Thank you for reading

Comment and Vote