The Patronus

Marlene was sitting on a bench reading a book when she heard, "You're not an easy person to find Miss Lupin

Marlene was sitting on a bench reading a book when she heard, "You're not an easy person to find Miss Lupin."

She looked up and saw McGonagall standing in front of her, "Sorry Professor."

"No matter, why are you out in the cold?" McGonagall asked

Marlene shrugged and said, "No one's out here. I don't feel the cold much. I needed some time to myself."

McGonagall nodded and said, "Understandable I understand the situation and the difficulty you're facing."

Marlene looked up at her, "Forgive me but do you? I am keeping secret upon secret and one of my friends is scared because Sirius Black is on the run."

"We all have secrets Miss Lupin, some things are better off unsaid." McGonagall said

Marlene stood up saying, "And sometimes they eat away at you until it becomes too much. Excuse me." Marlene then walked off

. . . . . . . . . 

Marlene walked into Remus's office eating a chocolate frog, "Dad?"

"I see my chocolate obsession has passed onto you." 

Marlene looked up and saw Remus leaning on the railings, "You weren't kidding when you said it solves everything." 

"I have been known to have my wise moments. Why are you here not that I'm not happy to see you." Remus said 

Marlene walked over to a chair and sat down, "Harry he heard someone talking and now he wants to kill Padfoot."

Remus walked down the stairs and said, "Padfoot will stay away. Barely anyone knows about the truth and it needs to stay that way." 

"I know but Harry it's killing him. Thinking that his parents were betrayed by someone who loved them." Marlene said 

Remus sighed and said, "Every day I am seeing more and more of him in you, you definitely have his mischievousness. It's slightly worrying, probably why you get on so well with the Weasley twins."