Remembering

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." 

. . . . . . . 

Marlene and Zac were walking down the hallway, "How you holding up?" Zac asked 

"Better than Harry's doing." Marlene said 

Rita then quickly walked towards them, "Either of you care to comment on the recent events." 

"Really Skeeter? After everything's that's happened?" Zac said 

Rita shrugged and said, "Just doing my job Mr Bletchely is it?" 

Marlene scoffed and said, "No, you're just sticking your nose where it doesn't belong again." 

"So hostile Miss Lupin, perhaps we'll make you front page news." Rita said 

Marlene stepped forwards, "Do it. Tell everyone what I am. Spread your little stories." 

"Come on Marl she's not worth it." Zac said 

Marlene shook her head, "No I am sick of people thinking they can spread rumours about me, and tell the whole world about who I am, especially beetles who can't keep their noses out of other people's business." 

Rita moved her glasses up, "Well then, I'll run the story. The whole world will know that Marlene Lupin is not just a Black but a werewolf." 

"Go for it. But if you do then I'll get angry and I might just let slip that there is a certain unregistered Animagus wandering around. How does Azkaban sound Rita? You could get all the gossip from the Death Eaters and Criminals. Ooh, you could even start your own prison paper. Tell the world what I am I will be forced to retaliate. Your choice." Marlene said as she and Zac walked off 

. . . . . . . . .

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Zac asked as him and Marlene watched the Beauxbatons and Durmstrangs get ready to leave 

Marlene shook her head, "Never, but I like it that way." It would be boring any other way." 

"What you said to Rita. You know I'm-" 

Marlene cut Zac off, "I do. And I would never say that to you." 

Zac nodded, "I know." 

Just then Hermione walked over to them, Zac stood up, "I'll let you two talk." 

Hermione sat down and said, "Before you stop me I want to say. I was never afraid of you...I was afraid of the wolf. Can you honestly blame me, I saw you and Remus turn out in the fields. It was scary." 

"But here's where you're wrong. It isn't a different person inside of me. It's who I am. I can't change that. Sometimes I don't want to. Some of it's good. Better hearing for one. I can hear little things in nature that I love." Marlene said 

Hermione nodded, "I am sorry. Truly." 

Before Marlene could say anything Fleur walked over to them, Marlene stood up as she said, "We're going, but I just wanted to say thank you and goodbye." 

"I should be thanking you. You're a good person to talk to." Marlene said 

Fleur smiled as she hugged Marlene, "Au revoir Marlene." 

. . . . . . . .

On the train as usual Marlene was laying down on the seats but her head was on Zac's lap, "So you ready to move into the mad house?" 

"What the one with psycho house elves, screaming paintings, and two wolves. Can't wait." Zac said 

Marlene smiled as she looked up at him 

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote