New teacher

Moody wrote his name on the chalkboard, "Alastor Moody

Moody wrote his name on the chalkboard, "Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent, and your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. l am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions? When it comes to the Dark Arts. l believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" 

Hermione put her hand up and said, "Three, sir."

Moody nodded, "And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-" 

Moody cut Hermione off saying, "Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct. The Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. l say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared. You need to find another place to put your chewing gum, besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!" 

Seamus turned around to looked at Marlene and Zac who were behind him, "No way. The old codger can see out the back of his head." 

"And hear across classrooms!" Moody shouted as he threw the piece of chalk at Seamus and he ducked, Marlene caught the chalk just as it almost hit Zac on the face 

"Thanks." 

Marlene nodded as she put the chalk down, "So which curse shall we see first? Weasley!" 

Ron looked up, "Yes?" 

"Stand. Give us a curse." Moody said 

Ron stood up and said, "Well, my dad did tell me about one. The lmperius Curse."

Moody nodded, "Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." Moody opened a jar which had a spider in it, "Hello. Lovely little beauty. Engorgio. Imperio! Don't worry. lt's completely harmless. lf she bites...she's lethal." 

Draco laughed as Moody made the spider go onto Ron's desk and he looked scared, "What are you laughing at?" 

Moody sent the spider onto Draco's face, "Talented, isn't she? What should l have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself? Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the influence of the lmperius Curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars? Another, another. Up, up. Come on. Longbottom, is it? Up." Neville stood up, "Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology."

Neville nodded and said, "There's the...The Cruciatus Curse." 

Moody nodded, "Correct, correct. Come, come. Particularly nasty. The torture curse. Crucio!

Moody began to torture the spider and it squealed, Marlene looked to her left where Neville was sitting next to her and he looked upset, "Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him?" Marlene shouted 

Moody stopped and Neville sat down, "Perhaps you could give us the last Unforgivable Curse, Miss Lupin." 

"Killing curse." Marlene said as she put her hand on Neville's shoulder and he nodded at her to let her know he was okay 

Moody nodded, "Avada Kedavra!" A green light shot out of his wand killing the spider, "The Killing Curse. Only one person is known to have survived it and he's sitting in this room." 

He walked over to Harry's desk and looked at him, "Back in the old days the followers of You Know Who had an affinity with the Cruciatus Curse. Particularly on one type of person anyone know who those people were?" 

"Werewolves." Draco said 

Moody nodded, "True. He used the werewolves as weapons of mass destruction but if they didn't submit he was more than happy to torture them until there was nothing left." 

Marlene stood up and walked out of the classroom. 

Zac watched her go, he looked at Harry who had turned around before he stood up and followed her out

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote