Discharged

Kat's POV

Kelly came back a few minutes with Dr. Rhodes in tow. "Good evening Ms. Lane."

"Good Evening Dr. Rhodes."

Oh my does Chicago have any guys that are not good looking??

"How are you feeling?"

"Pretty good. Ready to go home."

I watch as Dr. Rhodes starts looking over my chart trying to decide if sending me home was okay or not.

"We'll all your stats seem good and stable." He paused for a moment making me nervous. "I don't see a reason not to discharge you. I'll get your paperwork started."

"Thank you Dr. Rhodes."

Dr. Rhodes left my room and Josh stood up. "We are gonna run to your house and grab you a change of clothes and then search and clean the house. And drop off our bags as well."

"Wait a minute. You're all staying with me?"

"Well yeah?" Josh said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You do realize I only have 2 guest rooms right?"

"We know. One of us was planning on sleeping on the couch."

"Oh okay." I was masking how much I didn't want this too happen but I knew I didn't have a choice.

"I actually think I have a change of work clothes in my car if you guys don't want to have to come back?"

I watched as Josh studied Kelly for a second but then nodded his head. "Alright sounds good. We will see you in a bit."

Josh, Mike, and Bill each placed a kiss to my cheek before leaving my room. As soon as my door shuts I throw my head back into my pillow and sigh. I hear Kelly chuckle causing me to raise my head and glare at him.

"Oh come on it can't be that bad having them stay with you." I raise any eyebrow at Kelly's comment.

"You don't know them like I do. Trust me it's bad." I started to fiddle with my hands. "Are you really going to help me through this? Because before I had Luke and Nicholas and I don't know if I can do this on my own."

Kelly took one of my hands and squeezed it "Of course I'm going to help you."

I felt tears starting to form as I looked directly at Kelly "I'm scared." A tear started to slide down my cheek but Kelly quickly wiped it away.

"That's okay. I'll be right there for you to lean on."

"Thank you." I wanted nothing more than in that moment to kiss Kelly but then there was a knock at my door. It came open and April stepped into the room.

"You ready to get out of here Ms. Lane?"She held up my discharge paperwork.

"Yes ma'am!"

Kelly laughed. "April, I think that is the quickest I've ever seen Dr. Rhodes discharge someone after saying he would." April and I both laughed. "Let me run down to my car to grab clothes. I'll be right back."

Kelly let go of my hand and left my room. My hand instantly felt cold as I watched Kelly walk out of my room. I must of been staring a bit too long because I heard April clear her throat.

I look at April and she has a grin on her face. "What?"

"You like Kelly don't you?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Just a little." We both laugh. "Kelly is a great guy. He has his flaws but he loves with his whole heart and will do anything for you."

"Thanks April."

"Anytime. Now let's get you out of here." I nodded and April began unhooking me from the heart monitor. Next was my IV and then she went over my discharge paperwork.

Kelly came walking in carrying some clothes. "Right on time Kelly. She is already to go."

"Thanks April."

"You're welcome." April left my room and Kelly made his way back to my bedside.

"They may be a little big but the sweatpants have a drawstring so that'll help."

I took the clothes from Kelly. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. I'll step out so you can change."

All I could do was nod my head. Kelly left my room allowing me to slip off my hospital gown. I slid Kelly's sweatpants on and tightened them as much as I could. I then put on his squad 3 shirt and my nose immediately field with his scent. I took in his scent one more time before heading out of the hospital room.

When I left my room Kelly was waiting outside the door with a wheelchair. Kelly could tell I wasn't pleased with this.

"Just sit down. We can ditch it once we exit the hospital."

"Fine. But I'm still not happy about it." Kelly laughed and I sat down. Kelly pushed me along as we made our way out to his car. Kelly opened the passenger door for me allowing me to slide in.

Kelly closed my door and went around and got in on the drivers side. "Let's get you home."

"Mhmmm." I was starting to become tired and all I wanted was to go back to sleep. Which I must have because the next thing I know we are at my house and Kelly is gently shaking me awake.

"5 more minutes."

"Kat we are at your house there is a perfectly good bed waiting for you."

"Fine."

I exited Kelley's car and we made our way inside. Bill, Mike, and Josh were sitting in my living room talking but stopped when we entered. "I'm going to bed. We can have whatever talk you guys want to have in the morning. Goodnight." I made my way upstairs to lay down. Leaving Kelly alone with what I consider my overprotective brothers.

No Ones POV

"Well I'm gonna head home since you guys are here." Kelly started to make his way to the front door.

"Kelly come sit down and have a beer with us." Josh patted the seat next to him.

"Uh sure. okay." Kelly's hands began to sweat as he became nervous. Not having any idea of where this conversation was going to go.