Chapter Three

- my Spanish is extremely rusty, apologies when I butcher the language.

-

MIRANDA POV

When I exited the bathroom and walked down the hallway to Sierra's bedroom, I could hear her talking on the phone.

"Erik, we broke up and I'm sorry I hurt you but we're over."

She turned when I entered the room and jumped on her bed. I shrugged innocently when she glared at me for jumping and almost making her fall off.

"Hang up the phone." I muttered to which she ignored.

"I know." She answered something on the other end, getting up and walking out the room. "You're making this harder than it has-" her voice drowned out.

Picking up the small basketball on her floor, I began to shoot it into the hoop I put on her wall. She yelled at me when she first saw it last year. Did I care? No, I did not. I scored every time, making a show of pretending I played against someone.

"She shoots, she scores!" I yelled in the empty room.

I goofed around some more, knocking some stuff down on the dresser. In a panic, I rushed to pick up the fallen picture frame. It was one of us, on Sierra's sixteenth birthday and I had the same one in my room at home. We were both holding the knife as we sliced through the cake. Then I picked up the other picture frame, us again on Christmas that same year. I stood behind her, arms around her chest and hers gripping them. We both had big smiles and Santa hats on as my mom took the picture.

I let out a sigh as I recalled that new year's eve.

>flashback<

"Mira, come on. The fireworks are about to start." Sierra tugged on my hand with force.

I stumbled but luckily didn't fall. "There's still time, quit dragging me."

We climbed up a ladder at the side of the house that led to the roof. I helped Sierra after I got up and we sat away from the edge. It was almost new years and my cousins were about to light up the sky.

I turned to my friend beside me, taking in her side profile and her dazzling features. I've loved her for an entire year now. A year and she still had no clue.

"Sierra?"

She looked away from the sky and to me. "What is it?"

I opened my mouth with the intention of confessing. I've been preparing for this since Christmas. I'd finally tell her how much I loved her, ever since the day she bumped into me that time we were both late to school. I'd let her know exactly how much she meant to me and how I have every single detail about her memorized. She'd know tonight how willing I was to discovered new habits and live through new memories. With her. Only her.