Chapter Nine

MIRANDA POV

I held the warmth and hid my face in a soft pillow. Without much thought, I let my cheek rub against it. So soft. Smells nice too.

But my pillow kept moving, slowly and steadily, a thudding beneath it. I tried to ignore whatever noise that was and my sleepy brain helped with that. Close to falling asleep again, my pillow shook before I was being pushed.

"Mira, take your boner and get off my boobs." Her hand on my face shoved me away.

I grumbled and tried to get my pillow, Sierra, back. "Stop pushing me."

"It's poking me." She whined quietly.

Then I found myself on the floor.

With my eyes open now, I looked down to see a tent formed in my boxer shorts. I propped myself using my elbows, seeing Sierra with the covers over her head.

"That hurt." I mumbled, standing as I rubbed my ass.

Her eyes peeked out, voice muffled by the covers. "Get rid of it first."

After our night of movies and snacks, we fell asleep. Neither of her parents came back which wasn't anything new. Sierra's life took a drastic turn after her brother died almost three years ago.

I used the toothbrush she had for me here, washing my face and heading down to the kitchen. By the time I had breakfast made for us, my boner had disappeared. I plated out food for both of us, her coffee beside hers and a glass of orange juice for me.

Halfway through my breakfast, a grumpy looking girl walked in. Hair sticking out in all directions, eyes still droopy and sexy scowl on her lips.

"Is that look for me?" I asked innocently.

"When I said get rid of it, I didn't mean to get rid of yourself." She mumbled, tying up her hair.

I cleaned eggs off of my fork. "I made you chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. No eggs for you."

Sierra only now noticed the food, effectively shutting her up. We had our breakfast in silence, her eyes focused out the window. I took the chance to satiate my heart's desires. Even as she looked so chaotic, she never looked more beautiful.

Silently, I trailed my eyes over her soft features. Honey brown eyes, small greek nose, kissable pouty lips. Some of her hair rebelled against the rest, falling to frame a heart shaped face.

I remembered the first and only time I was lucky enough to taste those lips. The ghost of that kiss still lingered, reminding me of how fortunate I'd been to her first. But more than that, I knew I was the only one who knew the real Sierra Ramirez. She was the only one who knew the real me.

That matters more than anything else.

A hand lifted to tuck some of those strands away, the frown on her face telling me her mood was down. My main goal today consisted of keeping a smile on that feisty girl's face. That frown had to go.

Soon we were getting dressed for the day. Luckily, I had more than enough clothes here. I reached for my black bomber jacket she recently stole, only to have to ripped away.

"I wanted to wear that."

Sierra scoffed. "Nice try. This one's my favorite, get something else.

"It's my favorite." I mumbled, taking the dark green one.

While she busied herself with her hair, I counted five of my jackets and seven hoodies. She even took some shirts and sweats I outgrew, labeling them hers. I did have some for myself here, since I slept over a lot. She hated being alone in the house when her parents disappeared for days.