Chapter Thirty Eight

MIRANDA POV

"Wow." I whispered, eyeing my crush walk down the stairs in her long red dress. It wrapped around her torso snugly, opening out as it came down to her ankles. I licked my lips at the slit along one leg and plunging neckline.

"What?" Sierra mumbled with red cheek as she shyly looked down.

Still dazed by her appearance I reached out with my hand, my crutches under my arms, and poked her nose. "You are real." I said in awe.

Shy Sierra gone, she scowled. "Whatever." She took me in, seemingly liking what she saw until she saw my pants. "You're wearing shorts." A kept in smile.

Not ashamed or bothered, I grinned. "Yeah, but the top part is right." I opted to wear a black suit but forgot about my leg so I grabbed a pair of black vuori shorts.

"Still beautiful." She murmured and snaked her arms around my neck, bringing me down for a kiss. "Love the tie." Sierra tugged on the red tie to match her dress.

I wanted the dance to be a surprise, but I may have forgotten who my girlfriend was. Sierra scowled and glared at me until I admitted where I was taking her for our date. The upper floor of the art gallery was turned into a dance floor Ava, Leah and Laine, helped with the decorating. Since our friend group consisted of only five of us, I invited the family to join. Everyone but Quinny and Rilee would be there, Rilee being on bed rest while she waited for little Matthews to pop out.

"Ready?" I asked and attempted to give my arm which earned a laugh from my girl. "Hold on to my shoulder or something." I grumbled out a suggestion.

With a soft 'dork,' she did exactly that and I led her out to the car, Kaiden in the driver's seat.

***

Sitting on a chair, I stuffed my face with food. To my right, Sadie matched my pace while my crush and her partners chatted. Eyeing the last mini burger, I reached out for it only to have my hand slapped away.

"I get dibs." Sadie warned me before taking it.

I grumbled and took the sausage roll ups, eating two at a time. I paid no attention to the table's talks and glanced around the decorated room. Music played while couples danced or if they were anything like aunt River, they were trying to twerk in front of her laughing wife. Jessie and her friend Kendra were hopped up on candy, running around the adults. Jacob was having a blast with Sierra's two sidekicks as they took turns dancing.

"Ouch!" I yelped when someone punched my shoulder. "What was that for?" I glared at Ava.

"What did I tell you about not telling people about Sadie being pregnant? You told Sierra." My sister smacked my head.

"Stop hitting the cripple." I hit her back. "And you never said anything about not telling Sierra."

Ava's jaw clenched. "I literally said tell no one."

"Yes, but you didn't say anything about not telling Sierra." I emphasized with a huff.

Her mouth parted. "You're lucky Quinny stopped me from cursing you."

"You're the lucky one." I stuck my tongue out.

Soft laughter demanded my attention and my heart pumped just a bit quicker. My crush's eyes were on me, wavy hair falling to one side as she tilted her head. Sierra's honey eyes shined and I felt a smile forming on my face. A sigh escaped my lips at the thought of us, both excited and anxious of our future.

Oh boy, I'm in love.

Our little moment was broken when Blair came and dragged my girl away. I followed them with my eyes, watching as the music switched to a song with more beat. Sierra stood behind her friend, their bodies moving in sync. Fingers pinching her dress to hold it up, my girl's hips rotated.