Chapter Eleven

MIRANDA POV

I knelt to help Sierra with her skates even though I knew she was lying about not being able to put them on. Our friends were already out on the ice rink, Jacob running from the other two.

"There, I'm done." I stood to my height and helped her up. "On the ice we go."

"Mira, if you let me fall," Sierra started to threaten.

"Yeah yeah, I know. You'll chop my dick off and feed it to me. You've mentioned it a few times." I finished the thought, having heard it since I picked her up.

I carefully led her on the rink, keeping a firm grip on a terrified Sierra. "Don't you dare let me fall."

"I won't. Just step on but not too far out, I got you." I told her as I stood on the ice, both of her hands in mine.

My crush stepped on gingerly, letting one of her hands grab the barrier. "Joder."

"It's only the second date, maybe by the fifth." I joked. Sierra shot me a look between shocked and angry. "What? I know what that one means."

"Because you're an idiot." She mumbled, allowing me to lead her out but staying close to the barrier. "I don't think I like this."

"Because you look like a little bambi. Put your feet with your heels tucked in and slightly bend your knees." I moved so I had her at arm's length.

"Where are you going?!" She shouted and tried to pull me back, almost throwing us both down.

I caught my balance and held onto her. "Nowhere, relax." I whispered, trying not to get riled up. "Ready to try again?"

"No." The smaller girl mumbled with her face buried in my chest.

The feeling that filled me could be compared to that first raindrop after a drought, the first blossom after winter. Can she hear my heart pounding? That emotion of being home after a long and tiring day to be welcomed by a shower and your bed. Home, Sierra felt like home.

I held her a little closer, both loving and scared she'd ask about the relentless thudding in my chest. "Let's try again." I lightly suggested.

A nod to my chest and a soft, "Okay."

We spent over an hour on the ice, very slowly trying to get her to skate. Sierra, fortunately for me, did not fall. Not that she could, with how much she either clung to me or the barrier. I'd use all my strength to keep us up and carefully moving around. She gave up with a huff, demanding I take her off. Fearing for my life, I did so immediately.

"We can try another time." I offered while taking off her skates.

"Definitely not. I suck at anything that has to do with sports." She complained.

"You said it, not me." I laughed and held the hand she tried to smack me with.

"Buy me a hot chocolate." She told me as she slipped on her shoes.

I cast my eyes around to locate Jacob, Blair and Amanda. They were goofing off to the side, giving Sierra and I our space. "Let's go."

We walked to where they sold the drink my date wanted and I ordered two, requesting the little marshmallows she liked. Walking to the seating area, I being the gentlewoman I was, pulled out her chair before sitting myself.

"What's your favourite movie?" I asked Sierra with a smile before sipping on the hot beverage.

The girl leaned back in her seat, a smirk playing on her lips. "Really? My favourite movie? Mira, you know all there is to know about me already."