Chapter Thirty Two

Minho sighed as he stared at the clock on the wall. The large second hand was ticking away, the sound bothering Minho to no extent as he waited for the period to be over. 

Those around him seemed to be thinking similarly as they collectively glanced at the clock every few seconds. Even the teacher at the front of the classroom who had ordered them to have silent self-study seemed to want to get out of the classroom as well.

5...4...3...2...1...

A loud ding came on across the PA system. Minho jumped to his feet along with everyone else around him, and he bolted for the door. 

Lunch time. Thank goodness.

The lines to the cafeteria got crazy long within a few seconds, so Minho knew he had to race to get in line first or he'd have no time to eat afterward. Luckily, he ran fast enough today and so the line only had about ten people in front of him when he finally reached the cafeteria.

There, he served himself healthy foods, but slid in a cookie in the end. He didn't know where his friends were going to be yet, so he took his food and went and sat down at one of the tables to wait for them to show up.

"Oh, you must be new."

"Hm?" Minho looked up and found a group of three young men standing above him. All three of them were sharp looking, they must have either been models or trainees.

"It's fine, we can sit somewhere else," the guy shrugged, looking at his companions. "Where should we go?"

"No, I'm sorry," Minho blushed in embarrassment. "I am new, so I don't know where anyone is yet, and I'm waiting on some people-"

"Who are you waiting for?"

"Um... Han Jisung and Hwang Hyunjin.... and maybe Seo Changbin, if he decides he can tolerate socializing for an hour."

"OH. Yes, you must be a JYP trainee then, huh?"

"Uh... yeah, how did you know?"

"Jisung, Hyunjin and Changbin are well known for being JYP trainees, so you must be one too," the leader of the group nodded. 

Minho nodded awkwardly for a second, before he stood up. "Well, it was nice meeting you, I'm sure we'll see each other again in the future," he smiled tightly before hurrying off to try and find his friends somewhere else. 

As he rushed out of the cafeteria, he almost collided with Hyunjin, who was just rushing in. 

"Oh my god," Hyunjin grabbed ahold of Minho's shoulders to steady him. "Thank goodness I found you, I've been looking all over for you!"

"Heh," Minho scratched the back of his head. "I'm glad you did, I apparently sat down at some guys' table."

"Which ones?" Hyunjin looked over Minho's shoulder. "Oh! Don't worry about that, I'll talk to them later and clear up any misunderstanding. They're very nice, don't worry about it."

"Thanks," Minho's shoulders dropped in relief. "Anyway, where are you guys sitting?"

"We claimed a spot in the courtyard early on in the school year, and Changbin always helps defend it since... no one wants to mess with him. I'll take you there, now that I've found you!"

Thankful to have someone to follow behind, Minho fell into step with Hyunjin, who walked back through the building and through a small doorway that let them out into the courtyard.

There, Jisung and Changbin were already waiting for them. Minho smiled as he spotted Jisung, who waved at them.

"Sorry, I lost you," Jisung said around a mouthful of rice as Minho sat down next to him. "I literally couldn't find you."