Chapter Thirty Six

Jisung P.O.V

Jisung had lived a prosperous first life. 

Sure, he had almost gotten himself, his husband, his kids, his parents almost killed about a hundred times, but they had all survived for the most part.

Except... his dad.

Oops. 

Jisung had grown up so lonely in the Han Palace, knowing that when he grew up he would have the massive burden of being the one and true King of the Han Kingdom.

That weight had been on his shoulders since had had been born.

Yet, when his parents had "died", the kingdom turned to him. All of four months old, he suddenly was in charge of thousands of people and their well-being. Luckily, his father and his father's trusted advisors had made sure that Jisung was the only one who would have ruling power, and so Master Kang had been placed as the temporary ruling monarch until Jisung married.

And so with only his cousin at his side, Jisung had stepped into his studies and worked harder than anyone before him. Desperate to learn everything there was to learn, everything that would make him a good ruler, he studied and studied and studied, waiting for the day that his promised bride would arrive. 

When the handsome and charming Crown Prince Lee Minho had shown up at his kingdom's doorstep and Master Kang had welcomed him in with open arms, Jisung thought nothing of him. Sure, he was good competition, maybe they would drink together when they were both old fools past their prime, but Jisung hadn't thought of anything past that. 

Which led to the shock of his life when he found out that there had been an arranged marriage between the Han and Lee Kingdoms, the Lee Kingdom's Prince Lee Minho and the firstborn child of the Han Kingdom, which had never been destroyed or altered by any parties, even after the birth of the MALE prince, Han Jisung.

So Jisung was forced to marry Prince Minho, someone who he now felt such hate towards, he wanted to run away and never return some days.

But in truth, the Lee Prince was a very nice young man. He was charming, sure. Handsome, yes. But overall he was kind, and he was patient, and even when he was a fool in his youth Jisung had come to cherish that about him. 

Jisung had done many stupid things to him. He had tried to drive him away at every chance he got. But at some point, Jisung stopped wanting to drive him away. In fact, all Jisung wanted to do was pull him closer. 

But that's when he felt like his world was falling apart. His people, whom he was the sole protector of, were turning on him since he could never have a child with Prince Minho, who was his legal partner. 

And so he had done what he thought would save his people and keep them happy. He had married a woman who he didn't love, nor did he like. And Minho... had left him.

The next time Jisung saw him, months later, was when his cousin gave birth to her first child, the only heir after him who could take over the thrown, baby Prince Yeong.

Minho showed up with his own child, little Lee Hei-ran, who wasn't Minho's biological child. But Minho had made her his, which honestly made Jisung jealous. But Minho and Hei-ran had left a few days later without much change.

It would only be as attacks started throughout his kingdom that he would start to worry for his own safety. The attacks started to become more regular and brutal, and the attackers were clearly targeting the palace. 

In a brutal attack, they killed both Jisung's cousin, and his new wife, forcing him to flee from the burning palace with the baby, Prince Yeong. Minho had arrived just in time to save the both of them.