Chapter One

Do you ever have those moments in life where you just stop... and wonder why you're not dead yet?

Have you ever wondered what the point of life is if you're going to inevitably die some day?

Ever wonder why you have such pessimistic thoughts in the morning instead of at night?

Seventeen-year-old Lee Minho leaned back at his dining room table, staring down at the swirling cup of hot coffee that he held in his hands. The rising steam was making his eyes water, but he couldn't bring himself to look away.

What was he even doing with his life? Pursuing his dreams to be a dancer had seemed like a great idea a few years ago, but now it was like he was having a dancing block. There just didn't seem to be a step forward.

"Minho," Minho seriously wanted to roll his eyes as he turned around in his chair and found his mother walking down the grand marble staircase into the living room. "Why haven't you left yet?"

"What do you mean?" Minho asked, shrugging. "Was there someplace I was supposed to go?"

With a firm scowl, his mother stalked into the kitchen and stood across the table from him staring him down. "Your father is having a campaign today. You were supposed to go with him!"

"Well, I didn't."

Not wanting to take any more shit from his mother, Minho stood up and took his coffee with him, of course. Walking outside onto the deck, he took in a breath of fresh air and closed his eyes. There was a dewy smell this morning, somewhat rainy and wet. It was nice.

"Young Master," one of the body guards for his father that, for some reason, had been assigned to him, walked over, sliding his sunglasses down his unusually crooked nose. "Is there something you need?"

"Perhaps... a new life?" Minho joked, giving the guard a sarcastic smile before he turned and walked down the deck and onto the pavement that would lead right to the garage.

"Minho, don't you dare take one of the cars!" Minho heard his mom yell from the top of the deck, but he didn't really care. She wasn't his real mom anyway.

A nice drive into town with the windows down and good music playing was a great escape. But it wasn't really a town, more like a huge city jumping out of the forests! The early morning light was still dim, and the streetlights and house lights jumped from the fog like fireflies.

A soft ringtone started to float into the car through the speakers as Minho turned into one of the other nicer houses in the area, pulling up just behind his friend's BMW. Minho then stopped the car and picked up the call.

"Asshole, where are you?" Hwang Hyunjin shouted through the speaker, making Minho wince.

"I'm right outside, stop yelling at me!" Minho waved up at Hyunjin's window where he saw his friend's shadow behind the curtains. "I'm taking the day off, come down with me!"

"I already told you I would," the front door crashed open and Minho's handsome friend ran down the steps of his house, sipping a Starbucks Americano as he opened the car door. "Where are we going?"

"Come on, I just got back! Let's go do something fun today," Minho started up the car again and resumed his music. "I don't have to go into the company today either, so we can just do whatever we want!"

"But... you're leaving Bighit, aren't you?"

"I am."

"Then why don't you try and audition for JYP? The auditions are coming up, and I think that you'd do well there."

"Shut up, let's drive," Minho chuckled as he sped off back onto the road, blocking out Hyunjin's protests of how fast he was going.

~oOo~