Chapter Three

Minho couldn't shake the feeling out of him for the rest of the day. The memory of Han Jisung's eyes turning to meet his played over and over in his mind, regardless of how much Minho tried to shut it down.

"Are you alright? Did Changbin really bother you that much? I promise he doesn't hate you, he's just like that-"

"It wasn't Changbin," Minho shook his head as he lay his head against the back of his bed, turning his computer which was open to Facetime away for a moment so that he could think without Hyunjin bothering him.

But as soon as Jisung had turned to look over at him, he had excused himself from the room to use the restroom. Even when he came back, Han Jisung didn't spare him a second glance.

"Minho, what are you doing?" Hyunjin called through the computer. "Anyway, I know that maybe today wasn't what you had expected, but let's talk more tomorrow after school, okay?"

"Sure," Minho nodded and said goodbye to his friend. He and Hyunjin attended different high schools because of the fact that Minho was considered part of the elite upper class and Hyunjin was higher middle class.

Minho stood up from his bed and closed his computer tight behind him. Stripping out of his clothes, he walked into the bathroom and turned the hot water in the shower on and waited until steam was rising up and fogging over the mirrors. Only then did Minho step inside and let the water run down his body in streams.

The kitchen was right under Minho's room, so he could hear the banging of pots and pans together as the chefs got dinner ready for the entire family. He would be forced to eat with his father today, but at least his mother was out of the house, so she could not make things any worse.

(AN: He refers to his step-mother as mother.)

With his hair still dripping, Minho changed and walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs to the brightly lit living room where his father's papers were piled around on the coffee tables and pens were thrown every which way. This would all be cleaned up by tomorrow morning.

And there in the kitchen sat Minho's father. His straight back and serious expression radiated that of someone who demanded respect.

Too bad Minho didn't have a single ounce of respect for his father in him.

Minho sat down in his chair right as the food was brought out to the table. He kept his head down like he always did, not wanting to properly see his father's face.

"You were not home today," his father said quietly as Minho picked up his chopsticks and began to eat, not waiting to be polite and let his father start eating first.

Minho didn't say anything and instead just nodded.

"Well, where were you?"

"With Hyunjin."

Minho's father was silent for a few moments before he nodded. "Hyunjin is a good friend, but you should try to become friends with more people like us. There are many of my supporters who have sons just about your age-"

"Who are people like us?" Minho broke in, keeping his voice low and as calm as possible as he began to feel his emotions grow tense. "I think you mean people like you."

"Minho, there are certain-"

"I don't want to hear it," Minho put his chopsticks down and finally dared to look up at his father's face.

Every time he saw it, a feeling of unease would wash over Minho.

Why?

Because staring right back at him was practically a reflection of his own face. He had always looked so similar to his father, and never more had he hated this fact. But still, Minho held his gaze now and didn't even blink.