Chapter Eleven

865,008,000. Minho had to stare at that number for a few moments before he fully understood what had happened. Never in his life had he possessed such a large amount of money, so now he wasn't sure what to do with it.

"856 million won?" he muttered to himself, shaking his head. "Is that even possible?"

"Of course it is," Hyunjin called over from his desk. "I heard all about it last night. I can't believe your mom managed to get that much money from your father for you, that's insane."

"So..." Minho paused. "Is this her way of telling me not to go back to him?"

"Dude," Hyunjin spun around in his chair and stared at Minho. "Of course it is. She's basically saying, 'Minho, stop worrying about where you're going to live or how you're going to eat, and go go LIVE' obviously."

"Ack- I can't deal with this right now. I'm not going to touch that money."

"You don't have to, you're here to stay with us, remember? So all you have to do now is improve at JYP so that you can debut!"

"Easier said than done."

"I know it is, but if we don't have a goal, then what are we doing here? We have to do the best that we can at JYP or move to a different company, and you just joined!"

"I know, I know. You don't have to keep telling me, but at least I can go to school without trouble even if I don't make it. I'll be able to pay for my own tuition."

Hyunjin shrugged and turned back around. "Do you need me to drive you to school tomorrow?"

"No, I'll ride my motorcycle," Minho set his phone down and sighed, laying on his back. "I'm going to bed, you should too..."

"Ah, I forgot. Tomorrow is the first day that you'll be able to wear all your fancy stuff again, right? Don't go around showing off too much just because you got your clothing back."

"I can't even show off at school, we have a dress code. This weekend let's go out to the city with some people and just go around."

"That's boring... but fine. Now go to bed, didn't you say you were going to?"

"I am, I am," Minho turned over onto his side so he was facing away from the lamp on Hyunjin's desk and pulled the blanket up to his shoulders.

Soon enough Hyunjin was tired and turned off his desk lights, climbing back into bed. "We're going to start a new project tomorrow," Hyunjin suddenly murmured, making Minho flip over to face him. "I mean, a few of us are at least. We're going to make a few dance routines and probably post them somewhere."

"Oh..." Minho starred up at the ceiling. "Can I join?"

"Of course. It'll be you, me, Felix, and probably Chan."

"I bet you Changbin wants to join," Minho chuckled, shaking his head. "He'll join for sure."

"I think you're right."

"What song are we covering?"

"We'll be talking about that tomorrow," Hyunjin paused. "We have to first decide whether we want to do a Western artist or a Korean one... and then choose a song we want to do."

"Everyone does Korean songs... Do we follow the trend or do we do something that makes us stand out?"

"That's the question, isn't it? We'll have to get everyone's agreement before we start something. Anyway... go to bed!"

~oOo~

Minho pulled up in the parking lot and let his engine come to a stop. Unclipping his helmet, he stepped off his motorcycle and fluffed up his hair. These past few days he had nothing to wear except for his uniform. Now he finally had some of his dignity back.