Chapter Four

"I don't think a school day has ever been this long."

Standing outside of the school building, Minho was waiting for Hyunjin to show up. He stood atop the stairs so that if Hyunjin pulled up in his car, Minho would be able to spot him from farther away and be able to go down and meet him.

Now, why he went through such measures to rush to Hyunjin's car were obvious.

Every time his friend decided to pick him up from school, all the students, mostly female, would flock around to get a look at his face. It was, for lack of a more descriptive word, ridiculous.

Unfortunately, luck and, apparently, his friend and his buddies, were not on Minho's side today. Because they had decided it was a good idea to park their car, and then walk over to pick up Minho, just to draw extra attention.

That was, Hyunjin, Chan, and Changbin all walking together up the stairs to meet Minho while Minho debated running off without them to get away from the crowds.

"My friend!" Hyunjin grinned and opened his arms in an air hug as he walked towards Minho. "We're here!"

"I've noticed!" Minho nodded to the large crowd of girls that were forming around the stairs. "As did everyone else, apparently!"

"Don't be so salty, Minho," Hyunjin grabbed him by one of his arms before he could decide to run and pulled him into the group, now made of four attention grabbing boys.

"And how do we get out of here now?" Minho hissed as he stared at the still growing crowd trying to catch a glimpse of the group. "They probably think you guys are idols or something."

"But... we're trainees, right? Close enough," Chan gave Minho a wide smile and patted him on the back. "It'll be alright, you'll see. We just have to figure out how to get out of here now... That shouldn't be too hard, right?"

That was like a magical jinx. Every time Minho tried to move to escape from either his friends or their fans, he was trapped by an ever persistent group of young ladies who either wanted to know who these handsome guys were, or how to get their numbers.

At this point, Minho was just done with not being able to get anywhere. Glancing back at his friends, he spotted a break in the crowd. That break would close as soon as one person made it through. And Hyunjin realized this right as Minho did, and was about to call out for him when Minho gave him a sly smirk.

"Minho!"

Minho was already taking off, running right through the small crack in the crowd, slipping between two girls. "Sorry! Pardon me!"

"Wait for me!" Hyunjin called after him, pulling Changbin along with him as the three started running, leaving the eldest boy behind. Luckily, most girls took interest in the running boys so Chan could also make a quick escape.

"Where did you park?" Minho gasped as he pumped his feet faster over the hard cement ground. "Up front?"

"No, in the back!" Changbin called over Hyunjin's shoulders. "There were too many people in the front!"

"Then let's go this way!" Minho pushed Hyunjin and Changbin first through a small gap between the main building and a gardening shed and made a break for the parking lot. "I think we've lost most of them at this point," Minho glanced over his shoulder. Sure enough, most of the girls had given up as soon as they started running.

"The car, the car!" Hyunjin gasped as he tossed his keys at Changbin. "Can you drive?"

With a curt nod, Changbin opened the car door and let the other two boys inside the car. Sitting there and catching their breath for a few moments, Minho, in the back seat, peered outside the car. "Oh, he's coming! Open the door!"