Chapter Six

Minho slipped his helmet off and fluffed up his hair, hoping that the ride here hadn't made him too sweaty. He grabbed his backpack and glanced about.

Looking around, a few other trainees were arriving from the bus stations nearby, filing into the building quickly.

Minho followed after them, alone for the first time in the JYP building. He didn't even know what he was looking for.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Minho grunted as he felt his body being pulled backward. Hyunjin hung around his shoulder, looking not any less cheerful than usual, despite the lack of sleep they had gotten the night before. "It's good to see you here!"

"Yeah... it's good to be here," Minho murmured, looking around at the young faces that were turning towards him. He was the new guy now... fun.

"Chan is upstairs, as usual. We can go up there and meet him. Take one guess, what do you think he's doing right now?"

"Uh," Minho blinked. "Making music with Changbin and Jisung?"

"Wow! How'd you know?" Hyunjin laughed, leading him back towards the elevator that a few other younger girls were standing inside. Minho nodded his head to them, as they bowed back. "Are they always working up there?"

"I mean, usually," Hyunjin shrugged. "They're finishing a project. Usually, they're also in dance classes, but not recently because they really want to get it done."

"I've got it," Minho nodded. The door was right about to close when a desperate hand stopped it. "Wait for me!"

"Seung-min, be careful!" Hyunjin protested, letting Seung-min into the elevator before the door closed. "You could have just waited."

Seung-min grinned. "I'm late!"

"Oh boy..."

Minho glanced between the two before nodding and turning away, letting the two continue their conversation.

"When the door opened once more, Minho followed Hyunjin and Seung-min out, glancing around as he spotted other young boys filling the halls as well.

"Jeong-in-ah!" Hyunjin called down the hall, startling Minho who followed him with his eyes, finding a smiling kid with braces coming to join them. "This is Minho, he's new here."

"Hi," Jeong-in grinned, staring up at Minho's face. "Today's your first day?" he asked respectfully.

"Yes," Minho nodded. Seung-min moved to stand with Jeong-in. "We've got to get going, because you're late too now!" Seung-min waved goodbye before he and Jeong-in ran down the hall, hurrying to their class.

Hyunjin nodded and turned back to Minho. "Come on, let's get going."

"To where?"

"We're going to meet Chan. He wanted to show you around himself, and then after that I'll get you all set so that I don't have to come find you everyday to bring you in. You can do it yourself."

"I could've-"

"Don't- you looked like a lost puppy," Hyunjin shook his head.

"Ha," Minho laughed dryly, but went along with Hyunjin as they walked down the hall opposite to the one Jeong-in and Seung-min had disappeared down. When they arrived at the normal room that Chan and his friends would hang out in when producing music, they found it empty. "We should just wait here, maybe they're running a little late," Hyunjin pulled up a chair in front of the entrance of the room and sat down. Minho leaned back against the wall next to the door frame, letting his backpack fall to the ground.

"So, how is school going?"

"Crap, I'm ready to drop out," Minho muttered, rubbing his neck and closing his eyes. "The only nice thing is that our school uniform is really nice for the girls. The guy's one is a let down, I think I'd almost rather wear the girl's uniforms?"