Chapter Thirty Three

The last note came rushing through the speakers only to be met by absolute silence.

"..."

Minho turned and looked at Jisung, who stared back at him.

"That..."

Minho scratched the back of his head. What did Jisung think...?

"I loved it."

"You did?"

"Yeah, I totally did," Jisung broke into a wide grin. "Wow, Hyung, I really didn't think you had it in you, but this is amazing!"

Minho's shoulders slumped a little in relief as he too smiled. "I'm glad you like it. When you suggested we use it for the assessment I added a few more tracks to make it a little more interesting."

"This is perfect, really."

"Good, good."

Jisung sat back in his chair. "But really, how did you come up with this idea? I mean, it's fantastic, I'll have to give you that, but it's so unique..."

"I had a dream," Minho said simply, shrugging off Jisung's concern. "I saw this woman get crushed by a tree, and she had her small little baby with her."

"And you took it?"

"Yeah, I did. What was I supposed to do, leave it there?"

"No, no, I'm glad that you picked it up."

"... me too."

Jisung cleared his throat somewhat awkwardly and went back to the tracks. "Of course, there are a few things that we can work on. Do you mind if I just... look at the tracks and see what there can be done?"

"Of course," Minho patted Jisung's back and stood up to stretch. "Do whatever you want with it, it's just a first draft you can say."

"Alright, thanks," Jisung started to click away at the tracks as Minho watched him, leaning against the back of the door.

As he stared at Jisung's face, his cheeks puffed up as he searched among the different instruments used. 

Minho suddenly felt a pang in his chest.

He let out a small gasp and held his chest, the fleeting pain drawing him together. 

He hunched over slightly, trying not to draw attention to himself. 

Another pang hit him even harder this time, knocking him over.

"A-haa," he gasped, holding his chest and squeezing his eyes shut.

"Hm... Hyung?" Jisung jumped from his chair as he saw Minho on the ground, holding his chest. He rushed over and knelt down next to Minho frantically. "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine," Minho managed with a small smile, his chest still throbbing.

But... as Jisung grabbed onto his arm to steady him, the pain weakened into a dull throb. Minho could suddenly breath again, and he looked up at Jisung's concerned face.

"Do you need me to call the ambulance?" Jisung asked, helping Minho into a chair. Then he stood right over him, looking Minho carefully over. "Is it your chest?"

"I..."

Minho stared up at his face.

He suddenly felt... this was the source of the pain. 

As he looked into Jisung's eyes, he saw something flash. 

It felt like everything was centered on this person in front of him. All the confusion, all the pain, all the suffering, but also all the joy. All the happiness and security he had felt these last few weeks.