Chapter Twenty Five

A little misty rain was resting over the valley and small droplets of water were dripping down from the side of the roof. They were the first things that Minho came to focus on within his dream.

He groaned and sat up slowly, taking in the scene. There was faint glowing sunlight coming in through a window and Minho felt warm and content.

He was laying on a soft bed, surrounded in silk blankets. 

And then there, across from him, someone was sleeping with their back turned to him.

At first Minho thought it was a woman. Perhaps a wife, lover, something of the kind.

But when his body rose and reached over to plant a soft kiss on the person's cheek, Minho could very clearly tell that this was a handsome young man, who let out a soft sigh when Minho's lips met his cheek.

Minho stood from the bed and walked over to the window. He pulled on his robes and stared out at the rain. A small knock on the door signified that there were servants outside with warm tea. Minho called for them to come inside and leave the tea on the table next to him.

The rain kept coming down onto the roof, but Minho didn't move. He listened to the sound of his lover's breathing, the small rise and fall of the silk blankets showing that he was still sleeping.

Minho tore his eyes away from the falling rain to sit down at a desk. In front of him was a small mirror, something he hadn't expected to see. Yet, when he looked in the mirror, he was shocked to find that he looked the same as he did outside of his dreams.

Sure, there were subtle differences. The man in the mirror was older, the harsh wrinkles in his forehead showing that he had gone through hard times. His hair was beginning to gray, but he was still young enough, no older than thirty.

~~~

Gently Minho opened his eyes. A rush of cold wind made shivers go down his spine as he looked up and found that the window was open and a cold breeze was coming into the house. 

Groaning, he stood up and walked over to the window. It was still early in the morning and the sun had barely crossed the horizon, but Minho knew he wouldn't be able to get back to sleep.

He stood in the window staring out at the ocean with the waves gently hitting the sand. Sea birds were flying overhead, calling to each other as they flew over the water.

It was a peaceful scene. No school to attend, no company to get to. A full day of nothing.

The house that his mother lived in here was the largest in the village, which wasn't saying a lot since a lot of the houses were so small, two people might have to cramp together in one house. Most of the people there were just that, two people who had worked their entire life. And probably would until the day they died. 

Minho's mother had grown up in one of those house, only to return thirty years later and build her own house on the beach. The house was plain, two story building that overlooked the beach.  He was staying on the second floor along with Jisung. Minho's mom was on the first floor.

Neither of them were awake yet. Minho decided that he would go for a walk along the beach before anyone else was awake and could disturb him. Dressing in a warm hoodie and sweatpants, Minho got out of the house as quietly as possible.

It had been a good idea to put the sweatshirt on. Along the beach the wind was blowing so much that it would have been freezing without his sweatshirt. Minho tucked his hands into his jacket and pulled his hoodie up tight around his face.

Seaweed and small crabs littered the beach. As he walked, Minho tried to avoid stepping on anything.

Before long he got tired and decided to sit down on a piece of drift wood that had washed ashore. The wood was still damp, but Minho sat down on it still. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath of fresh, ocean air.