Chapter Forty Six

Waiting backstage for the show to start had been one of Minho's favorite things when they had first started going on tours. He could hear the screaming fans, he could feel the adrenaline rushing through his body. He was nervous and excited at the same time.

Nothing had changed.

Minho, who had been feeling tired before, was now wide awake and ready to start. All the other members were already in their outfits for the first part of the concert and were getting ready to go out on stage as well.

Minho was messing with his in-ear and making sure that his voice was warmed up. Jisung was sitting on the couch next to him, running through his raps from different songs.

He could hear the cheering and chanting outside. He could hear people yelling his name. It made him want to get up on stage and show them only the best of himself.

As soon as he got on that stage, everything else faded away.

It was just him, the music, and the members. There was nothing else that he had to worry about other than performing the best that he could.

There were periods of the concert that there weren't designated dances, and the members could fool around as they wished and interact with the audience. Minho found himself crossing the stage to jump up and down with Jisung and Felix.

"MINHO!"

Minho waved into the crowd that yelled his name. He waved his arms to the beat of the music, grinning like a mad man. Jisung looped his arms around Minho and swung him around the stage.

Just this was enough to make the fans scream.

A familiar thrill filled Minho's chest. The fans... they supported them in whatever they did. If they found out about Minho and Jisung, he knew that they would back him.

Filled with a sudden confidence, Minho leaned forward and kissed Jisung's cheek before letting him go and winking at him as he ran back to his side of the stage and linked arms with Hyunjin.

"Thank you so much LA!" 

Chan yelled in the air, waving his hands. "We love you guys!"

"Thank you!" Minho called, bowing as he walked backwards towards the back of the stage. "Stay, we love you!"

"WE LOVE YOU!"

Minho waved until he was completely out of sight.

It was only then that he felt the past wave of exhaustion fall on him. He must have been dragging his feet because as he faltered a step, he found Hyunjin under his arm supporting him. "Come on," Hyunjin said. "Let's go rest."

"Thanks," Minho grunted, pulling himself together. He went backstage with the others and changed out of his costume before he grabbed ahold of Jisung and helped him back to the van.

There were fans waiting outside for a glimpse of their idols. Their screams pierced Minho's ear, making him want to fall back and hide. The sound was so overwhelming he had to close his eyes as he and Jisung walked together into the van. It was only when the van doors were shut behind the last member that Minho opened his eyes again.

"Are you okay?" Jisung asked, leaning on his shoulder to whisper in his ear.

"I'm okay," Minho nodded.

"Okay, we'll go back and rest now."

Once they got back to their hotel room, Minho and Jisung both took quick showers before they flopped onto their bed and fell asleep.

~~~

Touring schedule had always been hectic and filled with time traveling back and forth, without much time for fun, but this time they were filming a documentary as well, so they had additional cameras following them around all day.