Chapter Thirty Eight

Standing outside of the conference room, Minho felt a strange nervous sensation in his stomach. Beside him, Jisung twitched nervously, jumping up and down with anxiety every few minutes.

Felix and Hyunjin were going right now. It would be their turn next. 

Even though Jisung and Minho had been able to reconcile, their practice time had been severely cut short because of their fighting, and Minho was feeling under-prepared. And judging by the way Jisung was acting, he did as well.

"Are they done yet?" Jisung asked for the fifteenth time, looking over Minho's shoulder into the room. Minho peered in as well, but all he could see was Felix's back turned towards them as the PD-nims gave them feedback. 

"Not yet."

"Oh my god I'm actually going to go crazy..." Jisung turned away quickly and buried his face in his hands. "I don't know what I'm doing here."

"Hey, hey, hey," Minho rushed around him and took ahold of both his hands. "Look at me!"

Jisung hesitantly looked up.

"We are going to be fine. You and me, we make a great team don't we?" he brushed Jisung's bangs from his eyes.

"W-we do..."

"See, even you know it. We're going to be absolutely fine, just focus on working together as a team, that's how we do the best."

"Right," Jisung took a deep breath before he took hold of Minho's hand and stood with his back to the wall, his foot still nervously tapping on the ground.

A few minutes later, Felix and Hyunjin walked out of the room with small smiles on their face.

"Went well, did it?" Minho asked as Hyunjin passed him.

"Eh, messed up a step but it's alright, we did well other than that," Hyunjin gave him a thumbs up. "You guys got this. Fighting!"

"Fighting!" Minho encouraged before he turned to Jisung. "Hear that, they missed a step and still they did well. We're going to super fine, alright?"

Jisung nodded but didn't say anything more. Minho patted his hand before he stepped off the wall. "Alright, let's go."

When they walked into the room, there were two PD-nims that were sitting in black chairs, each holding a clipboard. "Ah, Han Jisung and Lee Minho right?"

"Right," Minho nodded, still holding onto Jisung's hand.

"So, this is your first monthly assessment, Minho," the female PD-nim looked over the chart. "And you've managed to convince Han Jisung to work with you, good job," she smiled. "And you're a dancer Minho?"

"Yes."

"So did you come up with the choreography for what you're doing today?" the male PD-nim cut in.

"Yes, I did," Minho nodded. "And then Jisung took care of the tracks that we used."

"I see... boys, earlier in last week it seemed like you were having a hard time working together," Jung PD-nim, the female PD, took off her glasses and looked at the boys. "Can you tell me what was going on there?"

Minho gulped slightly. "Uh, we-"

"It was a personal argument," Jisung finally cut in. "It turned out to be a great misunderstanding, so after a few days we were back to working with each other very well."

Minho nodded in his agreement and reached over with his hand and brushed it over Jisung's to thank him for taking that.

"I see... well, we are looking for good team members as well," Jung PD-nim put her glasses back on. "Alright boys, we're excited to see whatever you have to show us, so go for it when you're ready."