Chapter Forty Four

"Ah... you're Ms. Lee's son aren't you?"

"Ahhhh, the famous one?"

"You're a handsome young man, for sure."

"Ah, thank you," Minho blushed and messed with the hair on the back of his neck. Finding himself surrounded by the grandmothers of the village, he suddenly was embarrassed of something he had been told everyday since his group had become popular. 

"And your friend is so handsome too!"

Jisung wasn't spared the embarrassment. A few of the grandmother asked for pictures with the young idols. Minho let them take as many pictures as they wanted, since at this point he didn't really need to protect his image as much.

"The air around here is so nice," Jisung breathed in the air and leaned against Minho as they sat outside one of the few family run shops. There were two steaming bowls of soup in front of them, and even though Jisung was hungry, he was more focused on enjoying the scenery.

"Do you want to come here for our honeymoon?" Minho joked.

Jisung looked up at him. "We don't get a honeymoon... it's kind of sad isn't it?"

"Well, we'll be able to spend a few extra days in LA after the wedding ceremony, so I don't think it'll be that bad. We'll still get a break after this tour as well."

"That's true," Jisung agreed, laying back against Minho again. "I'm so glad that they're letting us take a break after the tour. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have that break coming up... I would have collapsed already."

"You're tired?" Minho brushed the hair out of Jisung's eyes and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead. "You've been working a lot, haven't you? Is it too hard?"

"No... I can handle it for now," Jisung sighed. "But one of these days, it's actually going to be too much. What if we just retired early?"

"I mean, if you want I'm not against it."

"Ahhh, come on now, I was just joking. We can't do that to our fans! Plus, I like making music. It's just the promoting part that makes life so much harder."

Minho paused as a thought came to mind. "Jisung-ah... weddings are really big events that get a lot of attention... if someone catches us and we're exposed, are you going to be okay?"

"I..." Jisung looked like he wanted to answer, but no words came out.

"It's okay if you haven't thought about it... I mean, I don't expect that someone will expose us, but you never know."

Jisung looked at the ground for a few moments, long enough for the air around them to turn awkward. Then he looked up. 

"It'll be okay. Even if we get caught, it'll be fine."

"Are you... are you sure?"

"Yes," Jisung squeezed Minho's hand. "I love you. And you love me. And I've spent lifetimes waiting to be married to you again, so how could I possible not marry you?"

The two spent the day wandering around the small town, and they even got in the boat and crossed over to the big white house that sat tall above the rest of the land. Minho almost felt like he was younger again. It felt like no time had passed since the first time he had come here with Jisung, yet their entire lives had changed. And now... they were getting married!

As the sun was setting, Minho and Jisung finally returned home. Laughing at something Jisung had said, Minho walked into the kitchen and set his hat down on the counter. "Hey Mom, we're home!"

"Minho come here."

"What? What do you need?"

"You need to see this."