You Can Jump For All I Care (p.t 3)

Previously on You Can Jump For All I CareYou arrived at the hospital doctor's instantly taking you away and trying their best to resuscitate you but would it be enough to keep you alive?

~
No. It wasn't.

Nothing they did brought you back. You had been gone too long already. Even if they hadmanaged it, depriving the brain of oxygen for that long didn't serve her futurewell.

When theydelivered the news to Lucifer who had been pacing the length of the station hehad stopped in his place, his lips forming a tight line and his throattightening as he stares at Chloe.

"Lucifer..." Chloe placed her hand on Lucifer shoulder, who nodded his head.
"Alright then." Lucifer took a deep breath in and processed with his next thought. "We'll have to uh- sort out the funeral later I suppose but I'm going to get back to the bar for now." Lucifer nods, leaving the station, Chloespeechless.

"Did he just-?" Dan questioned.

"Yeah, he did. I don't get it. Hours ago, he's distraught at the thought of her death andnow he isn't phased now that it's confirmed." Chloe sniffles, tears welled inher eyes, Dan sighed.

"Lucifer never makes sense."

He continued like this until your funeral. Your body had been dissected for organs but lucky for your friends and family a nice dress disguised any stitches. Lucifer stared down at you after the service had concluded.

There was none of you left inside the empty vessel that was your corpse. His fingerscurled around the edge of the coffin, he stood bent at the hip facing theground.

"It's barelybeen a week... not even.. has it? I don't know." Lucifer groans. "I can't do it anymore..." He goes to slam his hand on the edge of the coffin but stops himself as he catches a glimpse of your face. He couldn't bring himself to damage anything that was yours.

Some peoplesay that it was a curse to see the devil cry, that your death was signed,sealed and soon to be delivered if you saw tears on his cheeks. You were lucky at this moment because you didn't see them, nor did you feel them.

But you had before, and you had been cursed with feelings.

"Why?!" He screamed, the doors flying shut and the locking everyone else out. "Why?!" He screeches, the windows of the church shattering.

"I pushed you..." He whispered, removing his hands from your coffin, trying not to collapse to his knees. "But you jumped... why?" He couldn't come to an understanding.

His question wasn't to be answered.

No one saw much of Lucifer after he disappeared from the funeral parlor. He spent most of his time in his penthouse overlooking the city or running Lux from a distance. Thatis why when he showed up at Linda's office, the woman was startled to her core.

"Lucifer." She attempted to act normal, but her eyes were sill wide. Lucifer let himself inside without a word further disturbing her. "It's good to see you...Is there something I can help you with?"

Lucifer peered over his shoulder at the shorter woman, his body to restless toseat himself as he considers how to go about the conversation.

"I'm losing things, Linda..."
"Like, objects? Because that is understandable when you're in a headspace like you are..."
"No... I'm... losing myself."
"Again, this is something that-"
"Linda, I'm the devil! You know this! You've seen it! But if I were to try andshow you again... I wouldn't be able to... my powers are disappearing." Lucifersnaps, slamming his fist into the wall with a trace of a dint. He held his fist to his mouth trying not to show his pain.

"You felt that didn't you..."
"That's just the start..."

I'm finally back! I know it's been a really long time but I'm back! I hope this satisfies the need for another part of this miniseries!!!

Thank you so much for 30k! You are all so amazing! You're a dream to write for!

PART 4???

I hope you have an awesome day/night!!!

~Brei