Carol Singers

"For the love of booze, can you tell them to shut up please?!" Lucifer snapped, despising the fact that he was stuck in Chole's house, doing absolutely nothing, until they had caught the criminal going after him. 

As long as everyone still disbelieved his devilish truth, they wouldn't allow him to be put in danger's way. 

"Lucifer, stop complaining." Chloe hissed, although she hadn't been enjoying the carol singers herself, not tonight. 
"How can anyone ever enjoy carol singers?" He rolled his eyes. "So much happiness, eck."
"I like Carol singers," Trixie smirked. "I remember the year that Y/n turned up on dad's doorstep and started singing You're a Mean One Mr Grinch." She giggles.

"Well, I can't disagree with that." Lucifer ponders. "Y/n sings?" 
"Oh yeah, she had a stage mum and everything." Chloe nods making dino pasta for Lucifer just to piss him off. "Quit stage work when she was eight and decided she wanted to be a cop when she grew up." 

"That must of fired up the old bag." He said referring to your mother of whom he had, had the pleasure of meeting on several occasions, all of which nearly ended in him throttling her. 

"Speaking of singing, I don't think I've heard her sing for a while now." Chloe hums handing him the bowl of food, he rolled his eyes passing it to the small grimy child. 

"I've never heard her sing." He states. "I should want to change that." He mentions as he stands from the couch. 
"You're not going anywhere." 

"No, but they are." He growls, opening the front door. "Shut up and go home!" He yelled scaring off the children before him and slamming the door shut. 

"Really Lucifer? Now I'm the neighbour who's annoying pet pig yelled at little carol singers." She shook her head, containing her frustration. "Let them be done soon." She spoke into her class. 

When music once again started outside, Chloe hadn't a chance to stop him before he had started yelling again. 

"I thought I told you to shut your mouths and stop that ear bursting screeching." He roars, choking on his words as his eyes work over your figure, realising you stood in front of him, dressed in a stunning red jumpsuit, ready to sing for the first time since you met him. 

Now, your words were stuck in your throat, your hands shaking from his intimidating presence. You turned, getting back in the car that Dan leant against, although you teased him, he loved listening to you sing whenever you did. 

"Nice one dickhead." Dan scoffs, getting back in the car. 

"Y/n, wait." But the car had already left. 

"You're mean." Trixie pouted leaving the room. 

"Well, there goes your chance to hear her sing." Chloe sighs, standing from the couch. "You've ruined it all now, though, they did catch the guy, which means you're free to go... you could always make it up to  her." 

That's how Lucifer ended up at your door, you having been previously warned by Chloe so that you could hit the record button before he had even knocked. Though hurt, you couldn't contain your laughter as you saw him. 

There he stood, dressed in a red suit, holding card signs just like the ones from Love Actually, his face screaming how unimpressed he was about the situation. Trixie raced back and forth swapping Lucifers cards over. 

I'm sorry for being a prick. 

I do it so naturally.

By this time next year, I hope to be less cranky

You smiled at the next one of smiley faces drawn with his name above it.

So for now, let me say, without hope or agenda

"Oh screw this." Lucifer threw the rest of the cards behind him causing her to laugh harder as he marched past her, to her piano. "If I'm going to humiliate myself, I'm going to do it my way." He states, seating himself.

He looked up at you, the phone no longer in your hands as you leant against the piano's side. 

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away. This year to save me from tears I'll give it someone special." 
"Oh, the cliche." She rolled her eyes but remained with a smile blessing her features.

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart

But the very next day, you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special." You joined him, taking away from the sheer amount of pressure there was on him. 

He fumbled for a moment as he heard you, taken aback by the sheer ease in your voice. If you sang by his side he'd never grow bored of music. In fact, he was quite sure he could tolerate... enjoy even... you being a carol singer. 

"Chloe, cover the child's eyes." He mumbled as they finished the song. Chloe's eyes widen, quickly covering her giggling daughter's eyes.

You beat him to it, kneeling on the piano stool, you took his cheeks in your hands, placing a feather-light kiss against his lips. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered.
"Don't say that, you'll give me a heart attack and ruin a nice moment." You teased before once again kissing him, Chloe, leaving your presence to clean the mess up in the hallway.

"Any chance you'll delete that video?"
"Not a chance." You smile into the next kiss.

Well, Hi there. Four days till Christmas... Thought I better get lucifer dressed up or something like that lol. I'm sorry updates have been so random, it'll get better.

The next part will be You Can Jump For All I Care (p.t 4), I can't wait :).

See you then! And perhaps for a new year's part too!

Hope your day/night is gnarly!

~Brei