The Things You Do For Love

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Lucifer, my hero, himself." You drone with sarcasm, your actions deliberate as you slide a raspberry in your mouth.

"Y/N..." Lucifer falters like he never did, eyes fluttering over you just as they had all those years ago when you first meet. "Aren't you supposed to be-" You cut him off taking a sip of his most expensive liquor.

"Up in your father's prison because I fell in love with a man who didn't tell me that he was an angel and therefore I got locked away because I was unknowingly some Demons granddaughter about to inherit her position in one of the seven rings of hell." You ramble with aggression layered in your voice before pouring him a drink. "Yeah, yeah I am."

"Well, you know being the ruler of hell isn't exactly what I imagined either and some could say that it was actually your-" You grasp his chin, nostrils flaring as deep flames from what looked to be the 6th or 7th ring of hell burned in your eyes.

"Don't you dare blame this on me Lucifer!" You growled, your voice to some people more intimidating than Lucifer's himself. "I loved you and if you really loved me you wouldn't have let me fall for you." You hissed trying to storm out of the room but a force similar to invisible vines or perhaps chains, trapped you to the spot.

"Lucifer let me go this instant!"

"No! Not again! Tell me how you got out." He instructs.

"I came to tell you that I've lost my position as a demon due to the fact that one, I fell for an angel and two you rule the place that I'd have to work for the rest of my damn undead life." You avoided the question, telling him what you had planned to once he stopped you from leaving, just as he did.

"That's not the question. How did you escape?" Lucifer moved closer, his breathing slow and eyes doting.

"Escape, who said anything about escape? What makes you think that your father wouldn't let me go one day, he is the heavenly lord above after all."

"Because he's a royal pain in the ass and he'll never let you go if he thought that would make me suffer If he knew that I still love you which of course he does know because he's always in my fuckin head," Lucifer yells to the sky.

"Why did you have to say that!? Why!?" You screamed, tears leaving glistening trails down your face. "Why would you say that to me when I can't be with you forever." You drop, your knees buckling from under you, the invisible force sticks, making your hang from your arms.

"What do you mean? You're here now if you wanted to be with me if I wanted to be with you... why wouldn't you just stay?" He crouched in front of you, tilting his head to the side and brushing his fingers along your cheek.

"B-Because Lucifer, when a human, which I had recently become, is held in the dungeons of heaven..."

"Every year spent there are two years taken off your life span if you ever return to Earth." Lucifer finishes your thought. "You've been there for 32 years. That's sixty-four of your life span, you were already 24 four... it was your birthday on Wednesday." Lucifer sifted through his mind, doing quick calculations before coming to his conclusion.

"If... If you hadn't of gone, you would have been 88 and two days." Lucifer whispers.

"My expected life span." You smile weakly as he wraps his arms around you, your body slumping as the force disappeared, the clock striking midnight, bring your 88 years and two days to an end.

"I'm sorry that I came here to fight with you... I do love you though." You whisper before your eyes flutter shut.

"N-no." Lucifer stuttered holding you close to his chest. "Please.... Please, dad, dad please listen to me, I promise you, I promise you on her life that if you give her entire life span, 88 years and two days, from this point I will return to hell." Lucifer prayed as he'd never caught himself doing before, his voice muffled as he spoke against your head.

With what felt like hours roaming around in the dark, waiting for judgement, you bolted upright, your soul once again in your body, as alive as you'd ever been, an easy breath of air something you hadn't had in years.

Your eyes darted around, looking for your Lucifer, for your king, wanting to kiss him, wanting to apologize and with any luck move on together. But he was gone, nowhere to be seen nor was he for a long time from then.

He sat in his throne, gulping deeply, tears welled in his eyes, he smiled with an underlying bittersweetness, knowing that'd you'd go on to live a full life, living well past most humans and he was happy with that, he was happy knowing he'd been able to repay you for the past and telling you without words...

That he loved you.

Hey guys, I hope this is okay and I hope you all like it. What is a Lucifer imagines you'd like to read?

~Brei