You Can Jump For All I Care

You hung by the tips of your fingers, ignoring the tears running from your eyes as you tried everything in your power to pull yourself back up to the bridge. You screamed, you shouted but it was useless, you were going to fall to your death.

"Tell me my dearest... what is it that you desire the most?" You could hear his British accent running its course through your mind, somewhere deep in your subconscious you wanted it to be your last thought. Perhaps more fittingly, you wanted him to be your last thought.

"You see what happens when your friends with the Devil, Y/n? See what happens when you mean the world to the ruler of hell?" The brooding man who was threatening to step on your fingers at any moment questioned. "People use you against him because that's what's going to hurt." He snickered.

He hadn't even clarified why they so desperately wanted Lucifer to 'hurt' but you didn't doubt that there was probably a perfectly good reason behind it all. Your guess was something to do with vengeance.

"Speaking of the devil." The man spoke with a smirk as Lucifer stormed over form his car, eyes steaming red and fists clenched.

You couldn't hold yourself for much longer...

You watched as Lucifer and the man fought, Lucifer ultimately having the upper hand and quickly eliminating the threat. He raced over to you, now hanging by one hand.
"Give your hand." He reaches for you, you reached for him, sighing with relief when he managed to pull you back to steady ground.

He did something you weren't expecting, he brought you into a close embrace, his head nuzzled into the crook of your neck.
"Are you okay?" He asked softly.
"No..." The truth slipped your lips.

"What? Are you hurt somewhere? How can I make it better?" He asks in sudden panic.

"What am I to you Lucifer?" Your voice breaks.
"What?"
"I love you." You admit bluntly. "I love you, but I can't be fighting for my life all the time just because we're friends. So, what am I to you Lucifer? Tell me now, break me or not, just do it now." You stand quickly whipping around to look down at him.

He opens his mouth to speak but stops short. He rises from the ground walking past you before finally finding his words.

"The... The Devil doesn't love... I cannot love, therefore I do not love you, no I merely like you as a friend." His voice breaks ever so slightly as if he's trying to convince himself more than anything and you picked up on it.

"I don't believe you." He whipped around staring daggers at you.
"Do you believe me mortal and stupid enough to fall for a human... for you?" Anger pulls through in his voice.

"I do...." You gulp nervously.
"How am I to prove that I don't?" He snaps. "You could die, and I would not flinch." He growls.
"Then why save me?"
"I didn't, I punished the evil, that is my job."
"So my death does not matter to you." You didn't believe a word he said.
"Bloody hell Y/n, you can jump right now for all I care."

And so, as he turned his back to you again, you did just that...

You jumped... 

Yay, this one is a bit longer! Thank you so much for 6k! It means so much to me, I never thought that when I started writing this that people would actually reading it. 

Is there another set of imagines (Another tv show or Movie) you'd like to see? Leave a comment!

~Brei