Skyfall (Part 1)

Warning: Please be cautious as you continue to read this. It has strong references and mentions of suicide. In no way is suicide a romantic situation, please if you are feeling this way or having dark thoughts call a helpline. Again suicide is not a romantic situation this is just a story.

Helpline number: +1800-778-7614

You sat at a bar sipping a Gin and Tonic with eyes that were glassed over with tears. You felt a certain responsibility for what had happened two years ago that day.

Your best friend fell from the 14th-floor balcony, her last words to you were...

"Us people, you and I have a duty in this life, we must fall before the sky does, we must dive so the entire world doesn't take the plunge."

You still remember her sitting out on the edge of the balcony with her long brown hair moving breezily with the wind. You thought she was being dramatic as she loved to write and often make a scene out of not much at all.

No, she was deadly serious that day, you had turned to the oven to take out the cupcakes you were making and when you turned back she was gone. You dropped the tray to the floor and ran for the edge, peering over at the sight of your friend's body floating oh so peacefully in the Hotel pool.

You screamed, and called the emergency services immediately. They arrived and of course they had to investigate but eventually, it was a closed case, she had taken her life. Her handwriting was matched to her suicide note.

You'd lost the only person that gave you hope for the world. You read the letter again and again. Every two years one must make the same choice as I. Doth one choose to fly or fall with the world. My dear Y/N I know you are going to struggle with your loss, I know you're not in the mental state to handle this right now but you shall know how to fly when I'm gone.

At first, you considered the possibility of her being mentally unstable but eventually, you understood what she had meant.

You look down at your now empty glass and sighed loudly, within that breath a fresh glass was pushed in front of you, the scent of which told you it was much stronger than the last.

You looked up from the bar counter to be met with a pair of deep red eyes peering down at you. They were swirling with interest as they read over your features. You let out a laugh as you took in the smug smirk on his face.

"Great, you're either the devil or you're going to be one hell of pain." Your words were laced with sarcasm.

"Lucifer Morningstar, it's a pleasure to met you." He smiled charmingly, his accent sending a shock wave of shivers down your spine.
"I'm honoured." You smile taking a sip of your drink.

"How did you know I was the devil? I hadn't even told you my name yet." He questioned.

"Your eyes are red, your smirk is charming... I thought I'd know the dashing fellow himself when I met him, I was right." You leaned in whispering so no one else could hear. He leaned in, his eyes intense with fire as he searched you for sarcasm, you didn't smile, nor did your eyes.

"I don't have red eyes... unless I show them." He states with confusion.

"Well, I see right through you, no facade for me." You gulp down the rest of your drink.

Without hesitation he pulls you from your seat onto the bar top, everyone slows around you as he glares into your eyes. You see him lick his lips, both his hands on the top of your thighs as he stands between your legs. He stands up and places his head next to yours, whispering only one sentence in your ear, with thick seduction in his voice.

"I want..."

...