And So It Begins

His fingers worked the piano, his third highly alcoholic eggnog now demolished as he continued to play Christmas song after Christmas song. His favourite from what you could tell was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, which naturally you would have never guessed, it just seemed to light and happy and not at all sarcastic for him.

Lucifer had come to believe that you were a bit of a scrooge when it came to celebrating Christmas, after all, you did pour eggnog over his head whilst he sang Jingle bells for the 60th time in 20 minutes.

He sat with eggnog drying to his scalp as he considered what the issue was you had with a little bit of holiday joy. He couldn't come up with much, other than you have a bad history or something cliché like that.

You unlike he could ever imagine were standing in the Christmas section of target, smile wide and a trolley full of decorations and a tree. You had stolen Lucifer's credit card a week or so ago, which to your surprise he hadn't missed.

You were on your way home to the apartment, happy to finally celebrate the beginning of the Christmas season with your best friend properly. You dragged everything into the middle of Lucifers apartment, the silence surrounding a concern considering the state you left him in, you had expected more Christmas carols or at the very least the sound of a shower.

You spun around the only thing grabbing your attention being the note by his bedroom door. You cautiously approach, eyes skimming over the note, eyebrows furrowed.

Look up.

You slowly turn your head up to the top of the doorframe, where a sloppily taped in place mistletoe hung. The door whipped open in front of you, your lips captured in Lucifers plump pink ones before you could let out a breath. He held his arms tightly around your waist, pulling you into him before eventually having to pull away.

"I love you more than anything in the world, this is the best Christmas you've ever had and now you'll come sing jingle bells with me and I'll even get you an eggnog." He rushes you a long, locking lips with yours once more before attempting to drag you to the piano.

"Lucifer..." You didn't budge, your brain too busy processing what just happened to tell your body to move. "Why did you just do that?"
"Well... It's bloody obvious that you've had a bad Christmas in the past and that's why you're all bah humbug." He dismisses the action with his hand. "And I... I thought perhaps telling you how I felt would override whatever bad memories you had." He explained, freezing as he realized you had started cracking yourself laughing midway through his explanation.
"What's so funny?" He folds his arms.
"Luci..." You smile, unfolding his arms and holding his hands. "I love you too." You peck his lips. "But I've never had a really bad Christmas in my life... I just didn't appreciate that it was the first of December and you start it off with drunk Caroling, the Christmas trees not up and there's no sign of tinsel or glitter in your entire apartment, that's why I got all of this." You gesture to your dozens of shopping bags.

"You're telling I just confessed about that trying to make your day and you're not even a scrooge."
"Yeah, cutie wootie you did." You tease him, pinching his cheek. "I think you've gone soft." He growls at your comment chasing you around the apartment.

You spend the rest of the evening overdecorating his apartment much to his dismay. You kept him full of eggnog and his fingers working at the piano, only sitting next to him after you placed the star (You didn't think Lucifer would appreciate an angel tree topper) on top of the tree.

"Thank you for being completely out of character and doing a cheesy romantic gesture to make my Christmas the best ever." You smirk playing along with his tune.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes, stopping you from ruining his reputation by once again placing his lips against yours. 

Just a touch of Christmas Fluff! If you'd like more Christmas ones, let me know! Otherwise back to angst and death lol! (Perhaps I can combine them)  Anyway, happy Christmas Season!

Don't forget to go check out my James Conrad story Lifeline. 

~Brei