Picnic

A knock on the door pulled you out of your thoughts.

"Y/n?" You stand up from your bed and open the door. It was Lucy.

"Hi Lucy what are you doing here?" She giggles. "Have you forgotten that we wanted to picnic." Your eyes widen. "No but is it already 3pm?" she nods and gives you a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Your parents aren't home?" You sigh. "No gladly not." She chuckles.

Oh how you love her chuckle. You really like Lucy, she is your best friend but you feel a tension towards her, something you never had with anyone else before. You feel more than just a friendship but it was all wrong, everyone always says it's wrong. Two women loving each other, two men loving each other....

"Y/n are you there?" She waves her hand in front of your face. "Hm? Oh yes. I have the food already downstairs, packed in a basket. I'm gonna grab it then we can go.

She smiles and you walk downstairs.

Timeskip during the picnic

You and Lucy set the picnic and the blanket out on a big field near your cottage next to a big tree were you were leaning on.

"Was it the same again today?" "Yes..." you sigh.

"Y/n you're already 18, Y/n you need to find a man, Y/n marry soon!, Y/n you should have been married since a long time actually, Y/n you need to have children soon bla bla bla. They just don't understand that I want my life for myself. I don't want to marry yet also I can't marry someone I don't love." You lean back against the tree when she takes your hand in hers.

"I know what you mean..." she sighs "I hate that they think they can control my life." She wipes away the tear that fell from your eye.

"Hey don't cry. It's just the same with me." She hugs you tight.

"There's something I need to tell you but please don't be mad...." You nod but look a bit confused.

"Just say it." She takes a deep breath.

"I like girls I think.....well I mean I feel a connection towards them that I don't feel with boys and I know it sounds strange but I think I fell in love with a girl."

She feels something like I do?

"My parents always told me it isn't natural but I can't help it. I love her and I'd do everything to be with her." Tears escaped her eyes.

"Don't cry please, I hate to see you crying..." You pull her in your arms.

Should I tell her how I feel?

"Want me to tell you something?" She sobs and nods.

"I feel the same. I also love a girl and I was so scared. First because no one would accept it and second because I thought she would never feel the same."

She hovers her head and looks into your eyes. "You do? You-" "Yes I feel something towards them too. And I was sure she would never feel like me as already said but now she just told me how she feels and I'm glad I told her too."

You peck a quick kiss on her lips.

"I would do anything to make her feel safe, to protect her because I love her." You feel yourself leaning in and soon after your lips connect in a soft, loving kiss.

Her lips are soft and feel like a dream. You wish you could always feel this feeling.

"You love me?" She asks after pulling away and sitting up in front of you. You nod and she hugs you. "I love you too." You both giggle and then she leans back against you, her back against your front, your chin on top of her head, your arms around her holding her safe. "i want you, forever." You kiss her forehead.

You just lay there for a few minutes, just enjoying each others company but then reality comes back.

"What should we do now? We can't just go and tell everyone 'hey it's us we're two women and we love each other'" "I know that's the problem." You both sigh.

"My parents will force me into a marriage soon, I wish I could just run away with you my Darling." She chuckles. "I like that name." You sit there in another comfortable silence, thinking about what you could do.

Suddenly she gasps and sits up again. "What?"

"When I was a little girl, around seven or eight years old I caught Lauren, our maid back then, kissing another woman. She got kicked out but when she left she told me where I can find her and that I could always come to her, she would always have an open door for me." You smile.

"You think she is still there and remembers on you?" She shrugs her shoulders.

"Maybe. It is a small chance that she is there but we could try it." She takes your hands.

"I don't want to be forced in a marriage and you neither, we could run away together. Only the two of us. Even if we don't find her we would still escape together and we could start a new life..."

"We could give it a try...." You kiss her knuckles. "Okay it's getting dark we should head home." You nod and grab the picnic basket to put the things in. Once you were done you stand up, take her hand and walk back.

"Tomorrow night, on the picnic place. Pack the most important stuff and some food. I'll bring some money with me. And don't tell anyone." She nods and looks around, looking if there's someone. Then she softly kisses you by cupping your cheeks in her hands.

"I can't wait" she whispers before walking towards her home.

You continue your way towards your house.

Once you arrived you see your parents coming down the stairs. "Where have you been?"

"Uhm i was on a picnic with Lucy, you weren't here and I thought it was okay. She's my best friend..." You put the basket down.

"Oh is that so? Then why did I see you two kissing?"

Part 2?