Run Away

So this is part 2 of Picnic but I named it Run Away cause it fits this part better.

"Oh is that so? Then why did I see you two kissing?"

Oh shit

Your eyes widen a bit about the sentence your father just said. Your mother's gaze wanders between you and your father. "Uhm she didn't kiss me." He raises an eyebrow.

"Maybe you've just seen something wrong. She hugged me...and then she gave me a kiss on my cheek. Like a good friend would. Nothing less and nothing more."

"So you're telling me that I understood something wrong? You kissed her!"

"Yeah on the cheek! Like Mother does with her friends!" You see the anger burning in his eyes

"Don't talk like this about your mother!" He walks slowly towards you. You know he wouldn't believe you anything more you'd say now.

"YOU ARE A LESBIAN!" "I'm not!" You raise your voice. "Yes you are." Your mother says now also walking to you.

"I'm your mother I always loved you but not like this" she says with a look of disgust in on her face.

"But why? What is so wrong with it?!" Your father slaps your across the face.

"YOU ARE FUCKING DISGUSTING! UPSTAIRS IN YOUR ROOM NOW! AND NEXT WEEK YOU'RE GONNA MARRY A MAN WE'VE CHOOSEN FOR YOU!"

You hold your cheek while you run up the stairs, tears forming in your eyes.

You slam the door, lay on your bed and scream into your pillow. You knew how they would react but it still hurt to hear it from them.

Two hours later you were still laying in your bed when your mother comes in.

"Y/n" You look up. "What?" She sits down on your bed.

"I'm sorry but I can't accept that as well as your father. You know James the son of the Weller's?
Youre gonna marry him next week." You sarcastically laugh.

"I'm serious, you can't be in love with Lucy. It isn't natural."You nod.

"I know...but I can't change it and maybe you're right. If I marry him then I won't have this feelings anymore." That was a big lie but she had to believe you.

Without saying any other thing she walks out of the room again.

After a while you fall asleep thinking about Lucy.

The next day you stayed in your room, packing your clothes, some other important things and your money. Your parents were rich and so you also had enough. It was 6pm when you were done. You sat down on your desk and started to write a letter to your parents.

Mother, Father

I don't know if I should feel sorry or not to leave now but I can tell that I'm not sorry.
You are my parents, you helped me to grow up, you did everything for me and I'm thankful for it all but I can't live a life like you want me to live.
Even if you always told me it isn't normal...I can't help it and I will not marry James.
I don't know if you do...if yes then don't worry about me and just let me go.
Thank you for everything, I love you

Yours Y/n

You sneak downstairs to grab something to eat, trying to not get the attention from your parents on you but your father sees you. "Y/n?" "Hm?" He sighs. "Your mother told me about the talk before and I hope you mean it." You nod. "Yes I've met James before and actually he is pretty nice and I like him."