Best friend

Hi everyone!

This was a request by hqlenaluv
hope you like it.

Btw I haven't seen Nolly yet
(I know that's a sin!) so please excuse any mistakes.

You were currently in the grocery store, getting some things you needed for the next few days when your phone rang.

It was Nolly, your best friend.

----------------------
"Hi Nolly, what's up?"

"Hi, do you want to come over later?"

"Uhm yes I'm grocery shopping right now. Shall I bring something?"

"Oh maybe some chocolate so that we can do girls talk again. We haven't done it in a long time...."

"Sure. I'll be there in 20 minutes."

"Okay bye."
-----------------------

Quickly you grab two packages of chocolate and pay for your things before driving to Nolly's house.

With the key she once gave you, you got into her house and found her sitting in the living room.

"Helloooo!" You exclaim and she jumps up while holding her hand over her chest.
"Oh my god you stupid woman! Stop doing that, you scared me!"
"Well that was the plan." You grin at Nolly before hugging her and sitting down. "I brought snacks."

"Great!" She claps and walks into the kitchen to get some wine for you two.

"So what's new?"

"Mhm" Nolly sits up.
"I've got a role in a musical. You know I've been really down after losing my job but I've got a new
chance and I'm gonna take it. Even though it's not as before. And thank you so much for always being there for me."

She sits closer and hugs you tightly.
"Oh that's great, I'm so happy for you. And remember, I'll always be there, no matter what you need."
You kiss her cheek and sit back.

"Thanks. What about you?"

"Do you remember Emma...the woman from the bookshop I told you about?"
Unnoticed by you, Nolly's grip on her glass tightens but she plays it off with a smile.
"Yes, what about her? Oh god she's still recent?" Nolly laughs sarcastically.

"Uh yes she is" you answer, unsure of how she meant that.
"Anyway, on Wednesday we have out third date..." you press your lips together.
"Now this is just my opinion...but you don't seem very happy and convinced Darling."

That's right. She's right. You weren't convinced of the idea of going on a date. At least not with Emma.
Were you happy? Like really happy?
Or did you just tell yourself that and tried to convince your heart that this was a good idea.
You liked Emma, she's beautiful and kind and could be perfect for you...could.
But you already lost your heart to Nolly. Nolly as in your best friend Nolly.
Since over a year you were in love with her now but she never gave you any signs. Hell she wasn't even gay. And your best friend of 6 years would tell you if she was gay, right?
So you tried going out with other women again, hoping that you'd find one that would be better for you, better than Nolly.

"Darling?" Fingers snap in front of your face.
"Are you alright?" "What- oh uhm- yeah sorry. What was the question."
She laughs.
"No question. I said that you don't sound happy...Are you happy?"

No, you were clearly in love with her and tried to get over it with other women. It wasn't fair to all those women. And for sure it wouldn't be a great idea if you told Nolly now how shitty you're feeling because then you would have to tell her why and that would fuck up your friendship.