🌸𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙬 ➳ /𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙀𝙧𝙖/🌸

"Hey, that's not fair!" you laughed as Michael exchanged your lunch plates, giving you the bigger one. "You can't just do that!"

"Well I just did," he shrugged with a playful smirk.

You shook your head in disbelied as a set of giggles fell past your lips. Sometimes, it was difficult to remember that you were staring at Michael Jackson, the man you had been working for over the past year, because the two of you shared more of a close friendship instead of a work relationship. Ever since the late November the year before, you had been performing as a back-up singer for Michael as a part of his Dangerous World Tour, and you were having the time of your life.

Granted, the constant travelling was a little exhausting, but you'd quickly adjusted to it, and now you were having nothing but fun. You loved being a part of the team, even though you hardly socialized with them. There was just something so intoxicating about the energy every time the music played on stage, whether it was during the rehearsals or the actual performance. Whenever everyone was together on stage, it felt as if true magic came to life.

During your rehearsal breaks, you and Michael would automatically meet with each other to spend those few minutes together, and that had started occurring a little over four months into your time working with the team. Gradually, it blossomed into a very close friendship that many colleagues envied, but one they could never really come in between - as odd as that sounded.

Presently, the pair of you had met up for one of your special lunch dates that you took whenever you had breaks during rehearsals, and as usual - you'd managed to find a room where there wasn't anyone else around.

"You know, if I didn't believe in appreciating food, I would have thrown this right back in your face," you narrowed your eyes playfully, picking up the sandwich that he had switched.

"I gave you the bigger one!" he defended with a bewildered expression. "The least I deserve is a thank you," he snickered.

You melted into another playful smile, possessing just a bit more sincerity than the first. "Thank you," you expressed softly. "But you always do this, and it makes me feel bad," you huffed. "Because out of the two of us, you're the one that's really going to need your energy,"

"And out of everyone I work with here, you're the one I especially care about," he retorted in the same fashion. "So...too bad," he raised his eyebrows before biting into his sandwich.

Taking your cue from him, you rolled your eyes before biting into your own sandwich. A few moments passed before he broke the silence. "Are you ready for tonight?"

You raised your eyebrows and took in a deep breath. "As ready as I always am," you answered. "A little nervous, even though I should be used to it by now,"

"Are you kidding?" he eyed you. "You always do remarkably well, and I'm not just saying that,"

Placing your hand on your chest, you displayed your gratitude with a little extra flair. "Why thank you, it is an honour coming from you!"

He couldn't help but laugh in his bid to flash you a playful glare, his eyes closing for a moment as he gave in to your charm. "You are something else," he remarked as he opened his eyes again.

Right as you opened your mouth to speak, you could hear a few raised voices from your colleagues, calling each other to return to the stage so that rehearsals could resume. Michael sighed, glancing at his wrist watch.

"Damn it, I'm the one who called for the break duration, and I couldn't even keep track," he straightened up, looking at you as you took the last bite of your sandwich.