•❊Happy To Have You❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
This imagine is quite short, and rather poorly written. I'm so so sorry.
Nevertheless, I hope you can salvage some entertainment from this!

•♡•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1989|

You were laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Michael Jackson, your husband of four years, was asleep next to you. It was two in the morning so the sky was still dark. The air was warm, and you had not been able to sleep. You had always had trouble when it came to falling asleep.

Your depression was the worst it had ever been, and you felt alone. You wanted to talk to your husband, but you did not want to wake him up. He looked peaceful when he was asleep.

Tossing the blankets aside gently, you got up from the bed quietly before making your way to the bathroom, which door was open. Your face was a tad bit wet because you had been crying earlier. You hated feeling the way that you did. It ate you up.

Entering the bathroom, you shut the door and turned on the light - proceeding to stare at your reflection in the mirror. Your eyes were swollen, and your face was very pale. Sniffing, you leaned against the counter and studied your reflection. You were a mess. Nights were always hard for you, but you hadn't disclosed that to the man you loved. He assumed that you were fine.

Tears began to stream down your face once more as you shook your head. All you wanted was peace.

Suddenly, someone knocked at the bathroom door loudly.

"(Y/N)?" Michael's hoarse voice called from the other side. "What's going on?"

"Uh.." you looked around. "Nothing, I just wanted to fix my hair," you rolled your eyes when you thought about how ridiculous your excuse sounded.

Silence prevailed for a short moment before the bathroom door opened. You turned around and saw Michael, making your eyes widen. He folded his arms and made his way toward you.

"Don't lie to me," he studied you carefully. "What's going on?" he inquired. "Is it your depression?"

You bit your lip and nodded as he moved closer. He unfolded his arms and set them on your waist, pulling you toward him.

"Why don't you just wake me up when this happens?" he breathed. "I'm your husband. You're supposed to trust me, and share your feelings with me,"

"Michael, I do trust you," you shook your head. "It's just that...I don't want to disturb you whilst you're sleeping. This happens to me every night,"

"Then every night I'll get up, and we can have a cup of tea to get you to calm down," he kissed your forehead. "And I'll ask Frank to recommend a good therapist. Right now, you need one," he said softly.

You let out a breath and nodded slowly as he kissed your forehead again. Michael sure knew how to make you feel loved.

"I'm so glad to have you by my side," you whispered. "I'm happy to have you,"

~•❊•~
Lol, this sucked, but my apologies.
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|