•❊Melting Away❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

WARNING:
THIS IMAGINE IS CHEESY AND HORRIBLY WRITTEN. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1989|

A groan escaped your lips as you scribbled tirelessly on the piece of paper in front of you. The study room was quiet, and the windows were open, allowing the cool evening breeze to caress your skin gently. As the wind whispered gently, the curtains moved along. As far as you could tell, the entire Neverland mansion was empty, aside for a few maids that were cleaning up in the living room.

At present moment, you were studying for your final exams, which were to commence in three weeks. You were currently in your second year of college, and it was safe to say that you were always under stress. For the entire day, you had not eaten anything, surviving only on water to keep you sane.

Michael, your husband of one year, was currently in the dance studio, rehearsing. Your entire day had been spent in the study room, and you would have been lying if you had said that you weren't tired.

Maybe I should rest. Ugh, but I really need to revise. I need to do well.

Placing your pen down, you ran your fingers through your hair as you closed your eyes for a brief moment. Your head was aching, and your face was pale, it was quite obvious.

"Oh God," you whispered. The stress certainly was real. "I'm gonna fail,"

As you sat there, you suddenly heard someone knock at the door, which was closed. After a few seconds, the door opened to reveal Michael, a look of concern painted on his face. He stood there and stared at you before entering the room and folding his arms.

"(Y/N)," he said. "You've been in here all day," he continued. "You haven't eaten, and you have not rested. You need to take a break from your revision,"

A small smile formed on your face as you leaned your elbows on the desk gently. "I was just thinking about that," you looked back down at the papers. "But I'm panicking, Michael," you brought your eyes to meet him once more. "I cannot fail,"

A moment of silence introduced itself before your husband walked further into the room, arriving at your chair - where he got down on his knees as you turned to face him. Taking your hands in his, he kissed them. "(Y/N), you are very smart, and you are hard working. I do not doubt that you will be successful," he reassured you. "Believe me when I say that you're extraordinary,"

Keeping your eyes on him, you let out a breath. You were so lucky to have him, to be able to call him your own. "You always seem to know what to say to make me feel better," you blinked a few times.

"I'm speaking the truth. You're an amazing woman, please never lose faith in that," he squeezed your hands. "I love you,"

"I love you more," you responded.

"I love you most," he stood up. "No arguments," he said before pulling you up from your chair, bringing you closer to him.

"Michael," you managed to giggle.

He stared into your eyes for a minute before he turned and pulled you along with him. "Come with me,"

"What? Where?" you questioned as he led you out of the room, being sure to shut the door behind him once the two of you were in the corridor. "Michael," you said his name as he moved along.

Saying nothing, he continued until he brought you to a stop, at the entrance to the dance studio. The door was open, so you could see inside clearly.

"What's going on?" you were confused.

Michael guided you into the room before pushing the door shut. Releasing your hand, he walked over to the stereo, fiddling with the buttons as you slowly walked to the center of the room.

"What is going on?" you uttered another question.

"Sh," Michael held a finger up to his lips as he made his way back up to you. A soft tune filled the studio, instantly bringing you to a sense of calm. Setting his hands on your waist, he pulled you close and began to lead you along a few movements. "Forget everything, and dance with me. Stay close to me and be here in my arms," he stared into your eyes. "I don't know if this will calm you down, but I think it...could help a bit," he chuckled a little. "I want you to relax,"

A blush rose to your cheeks as you kept your gaze on him. Feeling his arms around you was the best feeling ever.

"I can already feel the stress melting away," you laughed as the both of you continued to move. "All I can focus on is...you,"

"It has occurred to me that I may have succeeded in my motive," he rested his forehead against yours and laughed as well.

"As you would always be," you replied as he eventually brought the two of you to a stop.

Slowly, he leaned in and planted a chaste kiss on your lips.

And in that moment, you realized that you were the luckiest woman in the world.

~❊♡❊~
Again, this sucked. I need help :(
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|