•❊Medical Break❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE INVINCIBLE ERA✽

|2001|

Note: In this imagine, Michael is not famous.

~❊♡❊~

You stood there in your uniform, your hands by your sides. Fellow colleagues stood with you as the chief nurse spoke to the group that you were in. Today was your first day as a nurse, working at a very prestigious hospital - and you were quite nervous. You were taking a break from your medical studies, and you were going to be working as a nurse for an entire year, since that was how long your break was.

Your hair was fastened into a low bun, and you had a bit of makeup on, making you look presentable. Gemma was the name of the chief nurse, a name that suited her appearance. She had short hair and her figure was petite. Despite the fact that she was tiny, her features were stern.

"Now, all of you are starting as nurses today," she spoke loudly. It was nine in the morning, and everyone was gathered in the meeting room. It was early and you were already tired. "And each of you will be assisting a doctor that you have been assigned to," she announced.

She began to call out various names, pairing the nurses with their respective nurses. You took in a deep breath and waited patiently for your name to be called out.

"(Y/N)," Gemma said your name, making your eyes widen slightly. "You will be working with Dr. Jackson," her eyes met your form. "Good luck," she winced a little, making you frown.

She had not wished the other nurses good luck, and that made you nervous.

"His office is the third door on the left, at the end of the second hall," Gemma informed you.

"Thanks," you muttered and walked off, looking for Dr. Jackson's office.

Walking along, your flats made soft noises as you walked along the tiles. Your heart was racing and your hands were cold as you looked for the room. You had to admit that you were very nervous.

Several moments passed before you spotted the room. It had Dr. Jackson's name plastered on the front of the door, allowing you to see that his first name was Michael. Taking in a deep breath, you eyed the closed door before bringing your hand up to knock at the door.

"Come in," you heard a soft male voice speak from inside.

Placing your hand on the knob, you pushed the door open slowly. A handsome man was sitting at a glass desk. You could tell that his physique was slim, and his black curls were fastened into a low bun. His skin was like the purest of caramel, looking wonderful. He had big eyes, captivating ones.

He looked at you, a serious expression on his face. Scanning your appearance, he frowned a little.

"Yes?" he asked, making you feel more nervous. He was so serious.

"Uh....are you...Dr. Jackson?" you questioned softly.

The man just stared at you as if you were crazy.

"I am," he finally responded. "Who are you?" he kept his cold eyes on you.

"I'm (Y/N)," you introduced yourself. "I was...sent here...to-"

"Ah, to work with me," he cut you off. "I remember," he leaned back in his leather chair. "So this is the nurse they sent me to mentor," he laughed a little. "How...interesting," he made a face as if he had tasted something sour. "Come in, and have a seat,"

You entered the room and pulled the door shut. You tried not to think about the fact that he was cold, and seemingly mean. He looked smart, and he looked as if he knew that he was smart.

Sitting down, you let out a breath. Michael just stared at you, his hands resting on his table. His scent was strong, allowing you to catch a whiff of his intoxicating cologne. You settled down onto one of the chairs, swallowing nervously.

"What's your name again?" he asked.

"(Y/N)," you replied.

"(Y/N)..." he said your name. "A nice name," he raised his eyebrows. "How do you feel about working in this hospital for a year?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I feel....excited," you flashed him a small smile, but he kept a straight face. "I'm happy to be here,"

Michael stayed silent for a moment, scanning your form. He seemed to be analyzing you.

"Well, (Y/N)," he stressed your name. "I am Dr. Jackson, and I am the best doctor here. I have been working here for ten years now, and I know this place better than anyone else does," he cleared his throat. "You will address me as Dr. Jackson, and when patients are involved, you are only to watch. Never speak unless spoken to," he continued. "Always remember that I know more than you," he added. "As long as you remember those rules, we'll get on just fine," he kept a serious expression on his face.

Michael seemed stern, and that scared you a bit. You did not want to disappoint him, he was quite scary.

This was going to be a long journey.

A long one indeed.

~❊♡❊~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|