Suspicion

<3

A few weeks passed at college, you had been upping your grades in multiple subjects by spending all your time catching up on missed assignments and trying to get ahead for the new term. The only time you really saw Sebastian was on FaceTime when he had some time to spare, his boss had noticed his lack of engagement with the class due to the majority gaining low grade in the previous finals, so he was focusing on work more than anything else.

Christmas had passed and you were forced to spend it in the discomfort of your home, constant reminders that you were the least favourite child and the sexual innuendos from your creepy uncle, it really was just a plain old Christmas at the "L/N's". Sebastian mentioned going to visit his mother for a couple days, you didn't hear much from him over the holidays in general.

The one thing that made your mood much better was the package that delivered on Christmas day from him, some festive pyjamas and a new pair of earrings, wrapped in stripy wrapping paper and tied neatly in a bow with a handwritten letter slid through the middle.

Dear Angel,

Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy your gift, even though you said we strictly weren't to buy any. I've been distant lately, I know. My boss is chewing my neck and i've found it hard to find time for ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ anything really. This is probably a crappy apology but I want you to know that I still love you more than ever and I wanted this letter to be a piece of me for you to hold onto this Christmas, it must be hard being with your family but just know that i'm thinking of you every second of every day. I can't wait to be back with you, I miss you like crazy!

When I was out Christmas shopping a few weeks ago, I ran into the most perfect pair of earrings in this old antique shop and the minute I saw them I thought of you. Paid a pretty hefty price but now they're all yours, looking forward to seeing them on you when college starts back up again in January.