Bad Apple

trigger warning: mild abuse.

You woke up a disorientated mess. It was 9:40am. Today was your first day of classes and you had already missed your alarm, leaving you 10 minutes late. Suzy was still fast asleep as her lesson wasn't until 11. Your first class was english with Professor Stan, for fucks sake. You had already been caught with your friends last night, now you were late to his class.

Uniform was required when attending lessons, you hated it. In high school you were aloud to wear whatever you pleased, rocking a short dress and a cardigan. At least the uniform was adaptable, as long as it didn't break dress code. You rarely gave a shit about dress code anyway, wearing your skirt high above the knee and sliding a pair of stockings underneath.

You gathered your school bag together and slung it over your shoulder, all whilst scoffing a piece of burnt toast and running out of the door

-

As you entered the lecture hall, everyone lay their eyes on you. Including your professor. If it wasn't embarrassing enough, you tripped over the shoe lace of your doc martens, causing you to become unsteady on your feet.

"You're late", he proclaimed handing you the book you would be studying this semester.

"Overslept", you replied finding an empty seat, unfortunately in the front row.

You pulled out an old pen from the bottom of your bag, scribbling some words down as your professor spoke about the book that lay on the desk in front of you. Romeo and Juliet. English was the only subject you actually liked, hence why you went against you family and majored in it instead of business. But come on... Romeo and Juliet has to be the most cliche book ever. He could have chosen anything else.

Your favourite genre was romance but the kind with all the sexy stuff in, it was the best kind. Your second favourite was fantasy. It hit different when curled up in bed when it was raining, or cooped up in a bookshop with a cup of coffee. Although your friends considered you a 'bad girl', you had a sweet spot for literature. You had even tried writing a few of your own stories before, just some stupid fan fictions about your favourite fictional characters though.

Pulling out your phone, you had received a text from Aspen.

To Y/N: Hows your first class with that weird professor going? Biology is killing me, its too goddamn early!

Hiding your phone under the desk, you typed out a reply.

To Aspen: I was late to start off with, and he was really snotty about it.

To Aspen: Really CBA, wanna meet up for a coffee after class?

To Y/N: I would but I have a study date with this girl I just met, the teacher paired us up for a project. She's really cute so I asked her if she wanted to come to my dorm. Wish me luck :)