Chapter One|The Loud Silence

Haven Parker

At the end of my drawing on the wall I stared at him, how perfect he really was. My thinking was interrupted for the hundredth time by the sound of a bell, again mom ..

When I turned down her call..messages from my brother, dad and mom came across the screen and also more missed calls it's a sign I'm going home.I signed..put the sprays in my bag and headed home.

*20 minutes later*

Upon entering the house I heard loud conversations coming probably from the living room most of them are known to me mom, dad, brother and one less known...guests probably.

When I entered the house the voices fell silent as in a cemetery and all eyes were on me, I don't like it. I don't like it when everyone looks at me.The loud silence was broken by Mom "Haven, why didn't you answer our calls and messages?" she asked in an angry tone as always. "I didn't know I had to tell you where I was going".

It wasn't smart what I said but when she started to say something I interrupted her "First of all I have a question who are these people here" I looked at the black haired woman of my mother's age who was already looking at me and behind her two tall..well built men. She paused with what she wanted to say and started talking "This is Emerald, she came to enroll you and Grey in boarding school" when she said that I was speechless...